Thread: Failed to Query TCP/IP Settings of the Connection

Failed to Query TCP/IP Settings of the Connection

My network connection of 6 computer is not working properly. I have tried to repair connection from Network connections in control panel but it says "Failed to Query TCP/IP Settings of the Connection. Cannot Proceed". Is this any driver issue or ip is not configure properly on system. What has happened and what is the solution?Can anyone help!!!

Re: Failed to Query TCP/IP Settings of the Connection

What type of network you have? Start > Run > CMD to open a command prompt and type "netsh int ip reset reset.log" and restart the system. Then again repeat the same step but type netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt command in cmd and then press ENTER and restart your computer again.

Which network connection did you try to repair? Was it "Local Area Connection"? If all you have is "1394 connection", then you haven't installed your motherboard and/or network drivers if not then try running System Restore to Earlier date. Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Restore look for bold text date to restore.

Failed to query tcp/ip settings of the connection cannot proceed error occur if the drivers got corrupt, Check your hardware list to see if you have a network adapter installed or if there is a yellow exclamation mark next to some unidentified hardware then it is driver fault.

I got a new Inspiron 1525..and installed old Windows Media Center Edition that I had..but now I cannot install some drivers properly, because the driver CD is only for Vista 32-bit...that's why I have those yellow exclamation marks next to drivers like Base System Device, Network Controller, Video Controller and etc...I think because of this I also can not connect to internet and get the same error message like others..how should I solve the problem? Please help..