Thread: DSL internet disconnects after every 4minutes

DSL internet disconnects after every 4minutes

I am using the Dell Studio One 19 desktop computer with me. I use the computer for gaming as well as internet also. I use the internet on daily basis and few days i switched to DSL internet. Now i am getting problem, the DSL internet with the AT&T modem and every time i get on the internet like 4 minutes later it says an error has occurred. Please tell me how to fix this problem?

Re: DSL internet disconnects after every 4minutes

I think there would be some problem with the At&T modem that you are using. I would suggest you to take the technical support from AT&T. Hopefully there would be something wrong/problem with their lines or equipment. I believe that crossed polarity on the phone lines can cause all manner of problems with DSL. This is what i am assuming and not perfect solution. Hope your problem get solve soon.

I personally think there would be something improper with the modem. First take all the diagnosis step with the modem. And if there is no problem with your modem then may be firewall settings of your Windows is not set properly. May be in the firewall settings, the security level is kept very high. So, change to the medium level of security. And if using any antivirus firewalls, that turn off that firewalls also. Hope your problem will solved.

There are 2 possible steps to solve this problem.
    1] Firstly, check the modem is working or not. And to see whether your modem is working, just type the following in the address bar 192.168.1.1 and to check that theory, turn off your firewall for the test and try to get on to the internet.
    2] Secondly, see that your DSL filter is there and it is connected to the line that is to the modem. Take off the filter and plug directly into the phone line. Also note that the phone splitter is working properly. Take out the phone line splitter and plug the phone line that is directly connected to the DSL modem to the phone jack. Hope your problem will solved soon.

Actually i was also facing the same problem of disconnecting the internet on every 3-4mins. Recently i fixed this problem. Mostly this problem occurs due to the improper firewalls settings,and in my case also it was due to firewall only. So, would suggest you to turn off the firewalls of your windows as well as of any antivirus installed on your machine. Hope this will solve your problem.

I would personally suggest you to check the settings of all the Firewalls on your machine (i.e windows as well as third party ones). If the firewalls is not the problem, i would ask you that do you have the DSL filters installed on all of your phone lines. If not then have installed immediately. And if then also problem occurs, than contact to the AT&T technical support, which will definitely solve your problem.