Thread: How to configure Jetico Firewall

How to configure Jetico Firewall

I am having a Windows Xp computer at my home that is connected to Internet and Network as well. While searching for a suitable Firewall for my system, i found the following post Computer protection by using Jetico and decided to go with Jetico. Well, i have successfully installed this software but need help from you all guys for its configuration. Could you guys please make know the configuration of Jetico Firewall on Windows XP ? Thanks for all your helps.

Re: How to configure Jetico Firewall

Jetico firewall is good enough to protect your system form Internet Hackers. It provides military-standard data protection software for all highly sensitive information and mission-critical data throughout the lifecycle - permanently delete files, erase entire hard drives, encrypt files/folders, encrypt whole volumes and control network traffic.

After the installation of this firewall, you must now define your trusted zone, that is to say your computer or network on which are your computer. To do so, just go through these steps:-

1. Open the Jetico Setup Wizard and click the Next button.
    2. Jetico alone is the address of your network: 192.168.1.0. In case of doubt, you can check the documentation for your router or your box. Click the Next button.
    3. Ignore the setting of the sensitive area by clicking Next.
    4. Finally click the Finish button.
    5. Click OK to restart your computer.

Thats it..

After defining your trusted zone, that is to say the LAN between your computer and your Internet connection before you will allow or not the software you use to connect to the Internet. Usage rules for Web browsers, email programs or FTP clients are predefined and allow the software to access the Internet safely.

When you Start back your computer after setting the network monitoring, you need to allow access to initial. To do so locate the icon Jetico in the taskbar. his icon indicates that Jetico is operational. At the same time, one or several windows on the screen. Jetico detects programs that wish to connect to the Internet. Watch the online application to find out what software it is. If the software has the right to connect to the Internet, it may be your antivirus, for example, select the Custom option (reject) and click Edit Rule.

In the window that appears, scroll down the list Verdict and select Accept. Click OK twice. For software which you do not know whether or not to allow access to the Internet, select the Block this activity. You can then modify the authorization later if needed. Windows and software that start at boot time to finish loading.

With Jetico installed on your system you need to manage permissions for predefined softwares like your web browser, your mail, your FTP client, etc.. You can do this by :-

• Start your first Web browser
    • A window Setting the event of network Jetico opens. Select Treat.
    • Scroll right to choose the proposal that corresponds to your software, Web browser here.
    • Click the OK button.
    • Then make the same with your mail client, Outlook, Outlook Express or Thunderbird for example, and choose Treat Customer Messaging.

As and when you launch the software, check if Jetico need access to the Internet and they must be accessible from the Internet. A dialog box Setting the event network opens for you to specify if the software is allowed or not to connect to the Internet. For occasional needs, as a research update, select the Allow this activity. The software can then immediately access the Internet. Uncheck the box Save my answer. Your opinion will then be requested again during the next connection attempt the software.

To deny access to Internet software, select the Block this activity. If the software require a simple access to the LAN (not internet) to play with friends in a network for example, select Treat and select applications in trusted zone.