Thread: How to get rid of this W32.Braid.A@mm virus?

How to get rid of this W32.Braid.A@mm virus?

My computer system is really working slowly. When I scanned my computer system with the AVG scan antivirus software I got the alert message that W32.Braid.A@mm is detected on my computer system. I have deleted this W32.Braid.A@mm from my computer system but it comes back again and again. I just need know the exact method for deleting this W32.Braid.A@mm from my computer system.

Re: Use avast antivirus for removing W32.Braid.A@mm

Use the avast antivirus software for removing this W32.Braid.A@mm from your computer system. I am suggesting this because your current antivirus software is not able to delete this W32.Braid.A@mm from your computer system. If you do not want to change the antivirus software then try to upgrade the AVG scan antivirus of your computer system. You can do this by downloading the upgrade patches from its official site.

Re: How to get rid of this W32.Braid.A@mm virus?

W32.Braid.A@mm which is detected on your computer system is a kind of internet worm which spreads through the email address collected from the DBX and HTM files. The infected email contains the attachment file with name called “ReadMe.EXE”. Once this W32.Braid.A@mm enters your computer system then it copies itself to the windows system folder with the name “Regedit.exe”.

Re: W32.Braid.A@mm alters the registry key

You have deleted this W32.Braid.A@mm worm from your computer system and it comes back again because of the simple reason that; This W32.Braid.A@mm worm not only spreads its copies but also alters the registry key value so that it can launch at the time of reboot.
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run=
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\regedit.exe
    W32.Braid.A@mm worm changes the above registry key. If you have the good knowledge registry then you can remove this worm manually.

W32.Braid.A@mm worm uses the IFRAME vulnerability for infecting the computer system. When you are viewing the e-mail then in the background an embedded code start its work and drops the virus on your computer system. So for avoiding such kind of problem you have to patch up the security file. The patch up file can be downloaded from the link given below.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...08/default.asp

You can also try restore your computer system for removing the W32.Braid.A@mm worm from your computer system. If restoring your computer system is unable to delete this worm from your computer system then it should be able to minimize the damage caused by the worm. For restoring your computer system you can follow these simple steps.
    1. Go to Start >> Programs >> Accessories >> System tools
    2. Select system restore
    3. After that a system restore window will be displayed.
    4. You have just select the date for system restore
    5. Reboot your personal computer.