Thread: How to remove W32.Virut.gen

How to remove W32.Virut.gen

Hi people,
    I am using an assembled machine and it is loaded with Windows XP operating system. But from past two days, my machine seems to be infected with W32/Virut.gen and it is making my computer tremendously slow. Now my pc is taking a very long time to boot and shut down. I have already tried using many antivirus software to get rid of this virus but after deleting this virus it keeps coming back. So is there any solution to get rid of this virus completely.

Re: How to remove W32.Virut.gen

First of all disconnect LAN from your computer. After that search for rmvirut.exe file on the internet and download it to your desktop. After that run the same tool to remove the infected files on your computer. This software will try to automatically scan all the available discs in your system and will also try to heal the infected files. Incase any active virus is found in the memory then it will ask you to restart your computer.

Re: How to remove W32.Virut.gen

There is also a program called W32.Virut Removal Tool which is an application developed by Symantec whose main purpose is to detect and remove W32.Virut infections from your computer, leaving it clean of virus traces. The W32.Virut is a dangerous family of viruses that targets EXE and SCR files, opening a backdoor to an IRC server and facilitating an attacker to run files on the infected computer.

To remove the virus, follow these steps to download and run the tool:
    1. Download the FixVirut.exe file from the following location:
    2. FixVirut.CF Removal Tool
    3. The FixVirut.exe file is a self-extracting archive file that contains FixVirut32bit.com and FixVirut64bit.com. Double-click the FixVirut.exe file to extract these files on to your computer.
    4. Optional: To check the authenticity of the digital signature of the FixVirut32bit.com or FixVirut64bit.com files, refer to the "Digital signature" section later in this writeup.

More information is given here - http://www.symantec.com/security_res...022016-4444-99