Thread: How to remove this W32.Winevar@mm virus from my computer system.

How to remove this W32.Winevar@mm virus from my computer system.

My antivirus is giving me an alert message that W32.Winevar@mm is detected on my computer system. When I tried to delete this W32.Winevar@mm from my computer system my antivirus software is not giving me an option for removing this W32.Winevar@mm from my computer system. I want to remove this W32.Winevar@mm from the hard disk of my computer system. Can anybody help me to remove this W32.Winevar@mm from my computer system.

Re: How to remove this W32.Winevar@mm virus from my computer system.

W32.Winevar@mm which is detected on your computer system is a kind of internet worm which spreads through emails. Normally this W32.Winevar@mm worm generates an email for infecting the other computer. The subject and the body contain of these emails is randomly selected by this worm. I think you have downloaded the attachment from the infected email message.

It is clear from the above reply that W32.Winevar@mm is a internet worm which spreads through email attachments. I will like to mention some of the more details about it. The infected email contains the "WIN<random characters>.PIF" attachment file. If you see the similar email message again then you must scan the attachment before downloading the attachment in your computer system.

Re: W32.Winevar@mm changes registry key

Once this W32.Winevar@mm worm enters your computer system then it copies itself to the windows system folder with the name "Win<random characters>.PIF" and also copies itself to the windows desktop with the name "Explorer.pif". If you are not able to delete this W32.Winevar@mm worm alters the registry keys so that it can launch at the time of restart.
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    W32.Winevar@mm worm modifies the above registry key.

Re: Patch up the security system

W32.Winevar@mm worm alters the registry key and copies itself but it also removes the security patch from your computer system. So you have to update the security of your computer system. For patching your computers security you can download the security patch from the link given below.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...08/default.asp

After patching your computer system you can use any antivirus software for removing this W32.Winevar@mm worm from your computer system.

Antivirus software will definitely remove the W32.Winevar@mm worm from your computer system after you patch up the security file but you must follow some of the preventive measures for avoiding problem like these. Enable your firewall setting on your computer system and get the latest updates for your application software. Do not forget to update your antivirus software. At last but not the least, use strong password so that confidential information cannot be theft from your computer system.