Thread: How to remove Trojan.Downloader.Bredolab.CJ?

How to remove Trojan.Downloader.Bredolab.CJ?

Hello, I have bought a new computer and I have installed windows vista on this computer and it has been infected by some virus. I do not know exactly how this virus came in to my system but before some day i have used software saying that anti virus installed successfully! so may be that can be the source of infection. How do i remove Trojan.Downloader.Bredolab.CJ now?
    Last edited by Caiden; 24-01-2010 at 12:36 AM.

what is Trojan.Downloader.Bredolab.CJ?

Basically Trojan.Downloader.Bredolab.CJ is trojan which has a word document icon so that user feels free to open simple word document file. But It is not a work document rather it is malware known to download rogue antivirus suits. Trojan.Downloader.Bredolab.CJ in turn gives you the fake anti virus installation messages.

Trojan.Downloader.Bredolab.CJ removes traces of installation.

Once is inserted in your computer then it copies itself in %Programs%\Startup\rarype32.exe so that it can start along with Windows and then removes traces of installation by deleting the original file through which infection was created. Actually rojan.Downloader.Bredolab.CJ has 2 components out of which one is packed main executable and another is downloader which will not be on your hard disk because it is being created by some other process.

Trojan.Downloader.Bredolab.CJ : Downloader file.

Trojan.Downloader.Bredolab.CJ is troja which pops up your window with the message about installation of fake anti virus. One of the component of this virus is downloader which contains dollardream.ru and requesting a download from the server who sends encrypted executable which in turn decrypted by the downloader. Then that file will be executed and all the payload will shown by the rogue antiviruses.

Turn on Firewall in your vista system.

If your computer gets infected by the trojans presented on the internet then there must be possibility of your firewall to be disabled. I would suggest you to check your firewall status so that in future your system does not get infected by any malwares. Follow these simple steps to turn on/off your firewall.
    1. Clickon the Start button.
    2. Go to Control Panel and select Security.
    3. Here you can find Windows Firewall so click for Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
    4. Then click OK.
    5. You may go to the Exceptions tab in order to select for the programs for which you do not want firewall to block.