Thread: Troj/Agent-GXK causing system to go to sleep mode

Troj/Agent-GXK causing system to go to sleep mode

I am using a HP Pavilion dv2-1100 laptop. of late this laptop is been infected by the Troj/Agent-GXK as informed by the McAfee anti virus. This trojan is not allowing itself to be deleted if I select to delete the trojan my laptop switched to Sleep Mode and then the only way I can wake my laptop up is by re-booting it. Help me to remove this trojan infection.

Safe mode scan

The Trojan process might be using the services of any third party software which why it is not getting deleted from the system. To completely delete this threat from the system I guess you would have to boot your system to safe mode and then scan it throughly. Use the F8 key when when you re-boot your system to boot the system to safe mode. The safe mode will disable any third party software running in your system.

Troj/Agent-GXK Rootkit information

The Troj/Agent-GXK is a malicious Rootkit which spreads through removable drive which can be a portable hard drive, pen drive or any such USB drives. The remote hacker makes use of the IRC-based backdoor which is contained in this Rootkit to gain access to the infected computer. Thus the remote hacker can send more malicious code to be executed on the infected computer.

Not able to boot laptop in Safe Mode

The safe mode option is not working on my HP Pavilion dv2-1100 laptop. If I select the Safe Mode booting then my laptop just shows a black screen for few seconds and finally restarts in normal mode and not in Safe mode. Therefore I am unable to scan my laptop in Safe Mode. Any other suggestions please.

Restore the settings of laptop from the Restore Application

You can make use of the Restore application of Windows to get your laptop working and restoring the earlier safe settings where the malicious programs were absent. This application will revert back your settings to the safe restore point to get your laptop working back to normal condition.