Thread: Best Free Wifi Scanner for windows

Best Free Wifi Scanner for windows

Hi,

Many of you might be already having or using different Wifi Scanner's. So I want to know which is the best Free Wifi Scanner for windows that you may have use before ? Also give the reasons for the same ???

Re: Best Free Wifi Scanner for windows

I use inSSIDer, it is a free wireless scanner that can detect not only active access points, but the data also prepared graphically appealing. The tool is a good alternative to Netstumbler and also works on Windows Vista, Windows 7, and 64-bit systems. Not only the software works properly on modern operating systems, it is also under the Apache open source license and is actively developed. Also in the preparation of the data must not hide behind inSSIDer Netstumbler - it's time for a generational change.

NetStumbler is best for me. It analyzes all the available wireless networks. In addition to the channel assignment, the encryption and the SSID of the network log tool for Windows, the signal quality of wireless networks and displays them as time. The freeware Netstumbler helps with throughput problems in the network. It shows the assignment and signal quality on all radio channels. Moreover, as there also still detect unsecured wireless networks, it is an indispensable aid for every WLAN administrator.

Well, Retina WiFi Scanner is good for me. The software is also expected to identify vulnerabilities in corporate networks. A detailed report is generated at the end of the examination. The application allows you to test a specific IP address or range. Tests may be scheduled to fill guarantee the security of a network.

Even I use NetStumbler, Netstumbler is an indispensable tool for analyzing networks. Netstumbler takes control of the wireless interface and examined all the channels on their assignment. Then Netstumbler shows all the important details found in networks. In addition to the detection of poorly secured wireless networks. Netstumbler helps especially when optimizing the signal quality. In a time course of the wireless scanner the signal / noise ratio of each network logs with. The impact of a change in position of the access point or antenna can be checked so easily.

I don't know about other free scanner's but for me, NetSurveyor is the best !!! It is a tool for detecting WiFi networks that displays real-time data such as name SSID, MAC address, channel, encryption type, strength and quality of the signal (in dBm and mWatt). NetSurveyor can sort by any column. In addition to a table, NetSurveyor shows six types of graphs, a very attractive summary of the information. All this mass of data is exportable at any time to a PDF file. What if we want those moments will be lost forever? NetSurveyor not only records events unlimited registration, but you can play, so we can calmly analyze the situation at another time.