Thread: How to remove Infostealer.Scrapkut

How to remove Infostealer.Scrapkut

Today when i run Norton antivirus i came to know that my system has being infected with Infostealer.Scrapkut, Norton was successful in it but don't know after some time i get a pop up which says that system is being infected with Infostealer.Scrapkut. I had tried a lot but was not able to remove it, does anyone knows how to remove it, for more information i am using Windows XP as my operating system

Remove Infostealer.Scrapkut

If you really want to remove Infostealer.Scrapkut from your system then you need to stop services.msc for that you need to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete option and click on process tab and find out services.msc if you find any end that process and now click on start go to run option and type services.msc, in this you need to locate and select the service that was detected then click on action go to properties and select stop option and at the same time also check out at startup too and now close the service window and finally reboot your system for changes to get effected.

Information about Infostealer.Scrapkut Trojan

Infostealer.Scrapkut is a Trojan which is being distributed by W32.Scrapkut. Most of the time it attempts to intercept banking and financial Web sites and sends your personal information to attackers where they can use your information and transfer funds. This Trojan arrives on the computer at %Windir%\win32chekupdate.exe.

Thank you microam_i i had deleted all the things which you had mentioned but now also when i am scanning my computer i am getting an message as my system is begin infected with virus does anyone knows any good antivirus which can remove this Trojan from my computer forever, i had tried out many solution but none of them worked for me. Please reply your small view would be very helpful for me.

If you really want to remove Infostealer.Scrapkut from your system then reboot your system and login into safe mode and disable your antivirus, after that open registry window for that you need to click on start go to run option and type regedit and press Enter key, after that browse to following location and delete all the entries
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\"WindowsUpdate" = "C:\Arquivos de programas\WindowsUpdate.scr"
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\"BootExecute" = "[a.u.t.o.c.h.e.c.k. .a.u.t.o.c.h.k. .*...P.a.r.t.i.z.a.n]"
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Partizan\"Group" = "Boot Bus Extender"

now finally close your registry editor and reboot your computer for chnages to get effected.

Remove Infostealer.Scrapkut

My alptop also got infected with Infostealer.Scrapkut, i tried out many solution but none of them worked out for me and then finally i had to format your laptop and install a fresh copy of operating system because this Trojan might also infect your other drivers too but before formatting your computer i would suggest you to use SUPERAntiSpyware which is capable of removing such kind of Trojan from your system.