Thread: Kaspersky detects Java.Agent.ah trojan downloader

Kaspersky detects Java.Agent.ah trojan downloader

I am using a Windows Vista operating system. I have installed Kaspersky anti virus. Yesterday I just scanned my computer which detected Java.Agent.ah trojan downloader. The delete action was not available in the kaspersky recommended actions. So I tried opening the Task Manager but even that was not opening. Now there are many unknown folders which are also present on my computer's desktop which cannot be opened or explored. How to get my computer back to its normal safe state?

Trojan Downloader: Java.Agent.ah

The Java.Agent.ah is a trojan infected Java file. According to Microsft this is a very Severe Level Threat. This trojan makes its way to the host computer when the host visits any malicious web site that inhabits the malicious Java applet. The files or folders on your desktop are probably downloaded by this trojan through a remote server which is used by the remote attacker.

Use the Safe Booting Mode of Windows

To first halt the trojan from sending any of your data to the hacker unplug your computer from the internet connection. Download the latest updates for Kaspersky an install them through a USB drive or a CD. Use the Safe Booting Mode of Windows by restarting your computer and then pressing the F8 key to boot your computer in Safe Mode. Using your Kaspersky anti virus then completely scan your computer.

Safe mode detecting two trojans

When I had booted my computer to Safe mode by removing the network connection and scanned my computer there were not just one trojan detection but Kaspersky detected two trojans. These two trojans are:
    • Java/CVE-2008-5353.C
    • Java/Selace.M

Now I am fearing that my computer not only host the earlier one trojan downloader but it also includes two more trojans. Suggest me how to sort out these trojans from my computer.

Java Runtime Environment(CVE-2008-5353)

The Java/Selace.M Trojan is indeed a Trojan that seeks help from the Java/CVE-2008-5353.C Trojan. The Java/CVE-2008-5353.C Trojan infects the Java Runtime Environment(CVE-2008-5353) by exploring the vulnerabilities in it. Then it allows the attacker on a remote machine to send more malicious content to the infected machine and so the Java/Selace.M Trojan is send to the infected machine.

Restore Windows to normal using the Windows Restore

From your description my suggestion would be that you make use of the Windows System Restore Utility. Using this utility you can undo all your tasks till a selected safe point to get your computer system back to normal working stable state. The System Restore utility keeps account of the safe point which are helpful to restore the settings to a normal state in case of a virus or trojan detection.