Thread: After Refreshing a Server List it Locks up My Internet Connection

After Refreshing a Server List it Locks up My Internet Connection

Hi
    I play online game in my computer, for that I have to join some online players group and after that we make our virtual server and using this server we able to join this server and game, and I make my lots of virtual server in my account and I join this at any time I have my own list of virtual servers and using this our group play online game. But currently I face some problem After Refreshing a Server List it Locks up My Internet Connection and I not able to set connection between my computers to this server, can anyone tell me, how can I fix this?

Re: After Refreshing a Server List it Locks up My Internet Connection

I think for solving this problem you have to download new firmware for your router and/or modem. If suppose you not able to find and install new firmware then set Steam's Internet Connection, because it take lower speed to setting and also reduce the speed that the server list populates. This setting can be changed in Steam, in "Settings" under the "Downloads" tab. I think after that whenever you refreshing a Server List it doesn’t goes Locks up your Internet Connection

Use following steps for making connection between Steam servers
    1. If after making connection between your computer and your server it still fails to resolve your internet connection issue, then you have to may increase your internet by using artificially limit the speed at which the list populates. To do so:
    1. Go to Start > Run and type in: regedit.
    2. Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Steam\.
    3. Create a new string value registry setting named CafeRate.
    4. Give the CafeRate regkey a value of 10000 and progressively decrease the value until the issue is resolved. A rate of 3000 should be considered the minimum value.
    After entering this setting restart your computer and then refresh your server list, I sure that time you may not lose your internet connection.

If suppose after using editing registry and you are still unable to resolve your issue, then what for that I give you better solution for that first thing is that never edit your system registry it’s harmful for your system. And because of this you face other problem for solving you problem you have to strongly consider replacing your router with a higher-grade model. I think your router may not supportable that much amount of bandwidth and I sure because of this you face this problem.

I think this is major problem with your internet connection because I also face this same problem, and for solving this problem I format my computer and I think you also format your computer it will infected your network also it means some virus are may enter in your network system and they corrupt your virtual server system also if they able to get entry between your virtual server system before that you format your computer. I think using this solution you able to solve your problem.