Thread: PSP can't connect to wireless network

PSP can't connect to wireless network

I had recently bought a new PSP and was trying to connect it to my wireless network. I have a Linksys WRT54G wireless router. I have also set the router to no encryption, and the same for the PSP, but it fails to connect my wireless network. Can any body tell me that why doesn't my PSP can't connect to wireless network? I set up my connection and entered my wireless network key and then tried to connect. Whenever I chose the wireless WEP one, it would ask me for my WEP key. But whenever i tried to connect the system gave me an error message. Does any body knows about it? Any help would be much appreciated as i would really appreciated it. Thanks.

Re: PSP can't connect to wireless network

What is the IP Address assigned to your PSP? Try using a static IP address for the PSP. The problem might actually be if your using a manual IP address it probably is affecting the computer(s) with their IP addresses. Or try setting the IP address to automatic on your psp. That should fix the problem.

I used a cable on my wireless router and to my PS2, and then just used my network disc on the PS2 to connect it. On the PSP, the IP Address setting is on Automatic, which I imagine is 0.0.0.0. I would try getting the WiFi connection to work with your laptop (or another PC) and then use the same network settings on your PSP. Also, how do I see which computers are on my wireless network at the site 192.168.1.1

I believe that you need to assign a fixed IP (192.168.1.x) to the PSP since there's a DNS manually assigned to it. Try reseting the computer that the modem and router is connected to, and if that does not work, unplug the cables to the modem and router, plug them back in and let me know if that works. I’m also wondering why your PSP tells you to check the security settings when the router is currently not secured.

May be you have to add it to your network. Do ytou have network magic or any other network managing service? DNS settings aren't really important, unless you're trying to access the internet from the client. If you can access the information about the router connection i.e dns ip wep key all that stuff try setting it up manualy and see if that fixes it. The DNS that you assigned to the PSP is correct but the IP Address must be within the range provided by the router (ex. 192.168.1.10), Subnet Mask is 255.255.255.0, and the Gateway is 192.168.1.1

Getting a router would be a start to getting internet on your PSP. You will have to connect the ps2 to your netgear router. the ps2 cannot be connected wirelessly, unlike the ps3 and wifi, which have built in wifi. I think your problem might be firewall related. Had you gave your computer permission to go through the firewall and connect to your wireless N network? Here is one way to test your connection.

Look amgio to get on the internet on psp you do this: turn on the WLAN switch on, get on internet browser, put "new connection", select scan, then it will show some connections, make sure the signal is storng and that is not secure. if it is, then save it and select it. it will connect to the internet. hopefully this info been helpful.
    Last edited by chicharito2; 26-08-2010 at 08:29 PM.