Thread: Need to remove Worm/Opaserv.K from my computer system.

Need to remove Worm/Opaserv.K from my computer system.

I think my computer system is infected with the virus name Worm/Opaserv.K. I get to know about this when my AVG antivirus scan gave me an alert message that Worm/Opaserv.K is detected. I am trying to delete this Worm/Opaserv.K from my computer system but the thing is that after deleting this Worm/Opaserv.K from my computer system I get the same alert message. I just want to know the perfect method for removing this Worm/Opaserv.K from my computer system.

Re: Need to remove Worm/Opaserv.K from my computer system.

It is clear from the name of the Worm/Opaserv.K that this is a kind of virus worms. Normally worms are designed to consume the memory space and the processing speed of the computer system. This consumptions result in the slow working of the system. This Worm/Opaserv.K spreads through the shared network drive. This worm only infects the network shares and this worm does on spread through e-mail attachments. Worm/Opaserv.K contains a destructive payload, when this worm is executed it overwrites all the hard disk sectors.

Re: Worm/Opaserv.K modifies the registry key value

This Worm/Opaserv.K comes again and again in your computer system because it modifies the registry value so that it can launch at the time of restart. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run= Mqbkup or qbkupdbs.
    Worm/Opaserv.K modifies the above registry key. If you want to delete this Worm/Opaserv.K from your computer system then you have to delete the above registry key so that this worm can not launch at the time of restart.

Once this worm executed, this Worm/Opaserv.K search for the windows folder in the local system and copies itself to “Mqbkup.exe”. This Worm/Opaserv.K also copies itself with the name C:\Boot.exe and C:\Mslicenf.com. After that this worm uses C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT for loading the infected files automatically. Mslicenf.com is really a dangerous file which destroys the data on the hard disk. It does this by overwriting all the starting sectors with its copies.

If your current antivirus software is not able to delete this Worm/Opaserv.K from your computer system then you must change your current antivirus software. If will suggest you to go for MacAfee antivirus software but you have to pay a handsome amount for buying this antivirus software. If you want the free solution then you must go for avast antivirus. This antivirus is available for free for home use. You can download the avast antivirus from its official site and can remove this Worm/Opaserv.K from your computer system with ease.

Re: Manual procedure for removing Worm/Opaserv.K

Your computer system is infected with the worm name Worm/Opaserv.K then you have to download the security patch for your computer system from the link given below.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec...n/MS00-072.asp
    Worm/Opaserv.K removes the security patch of your system so before using the antivirus software you have patch up your computer system security. After that you have to remove the following files
    run=c:\Windows\Mqbkup.exe,c:\Windows\Brasil.exe,c:\Windows\Brasil.pif,
    c:\Windows\marco!.scr, c:\windows\scrsvr.exe,c:\windows\instit.bat.

which is located in C:\Windows
    This is the manual procedure for removing the Worm/Opaserv.K