Thread: Help needed to delete W32.Fizzer@mm virus.

Help needed to delete W32.Fizzer@mm virus.

My computer system is infected with the virus name called W32.Fizzer@mm. I get know about this when I scanned my personal computer. My antivirus software gave me an alert message that W32.Fizzer@mm is detected on my computer system. I have deleted this W32.Fizzer@mm many times from my computer system, but it comes back again and again. I just want to get rid from this W32.Fizzer@mm from my computer system. Can anybody help me to remove this W32.Fizzer@mm from the hard disk of the computer system?

Re: W32.Fizzer@mm virus is a mass mailing worm

W32.Fizzer@mm which is detected on your computer system is a kind of mass mailing worm and the threat level of this worm is medium. But whatever be the threat level you must get rid of this W32.Fizzer@mm worm from your computer system. I will suggest you to user avast antivirus software for removing this W32.Fizzer@mm worm from your computer system. Avast antivirus software is available for free on the internet you can download this antivirus from its official site.

Re: Help needed to delete W32.Fizzer@mm virus.

W32.Fizzer@mm worm normally use the email, peer to peer network and IRC (Internet Relay Chat) for spreading from one computer to another computer system. W32.Fizzer@mm worm collects the email address from the windows address book and the Microsoft outlook of the infected computer. Once this worm enters your computer system then it copies itself to windows folder with the name initbak.dat or iservc.exe. This worm also drops a backdoor component ProgOp.exe. Update your antivirus software for removing this worm

Re: W32.Fizzer@mm changes the registry key

This W32.Fizzer@mm worm not only infects your computer system but also alters the registry key so that it can come back if the user tries to delete this worm manually.
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    SystemInit ="%windir%\iservc.exe"
    HKEY_CLASS_ROOT\txtfile\shell\open\command
    @="%windir%\ProgOp.exe 0 7 '%windir%notepad.exe %1''%windir%\initbak.dat''iservc.exe'
    W32.Fizzer@mm worm alters the above registry key. If you know how to delete the registry key then you can delete this worm manually.

W32.Fizzer@mm worm has its own SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer protocol) for sending the infected mail to the other user. This W32.Fizzer@mm worm has the capability to drop the backdoor in the infected system. Hacker can use this backdoor for accessing your computer system and stealing you confidential information. The confidential information may include your banking credentials. This W32.Fizzer@mm worm also terminates antivirus programs which makes the antivirus programs hard to find.

Antivirus programs and manually deleting the registry key values will definitely remove the W32.Fizzer@mm worm from your computer system. But you must also follow some of the preventive measures avoiding the problem like these.
    1. Update your antivirus software on regular basis
    2. Always enable your firewall setting
    3. Use strong passwords for your computer systems
    4. Do not forget to update all the application software you are using.
    5. Before downloading the attachment file do not forget to scan for virus.