Thread: Is it good to do automatic update?

Is it good to do automatic update?

Actually I want to know automatic updating the computer system is good thing or not. I am not talking about the automatic updates of windows, but talking about the updates of spywares and antivirus programs. My computer system is filled with many spywares and antivirus software and I have turned the update of these antivirus and spywares on. Can these updates of antivirus and spywares harm my computer system or not.

Re: There is no problem with automatic updating

According to me doing the automatic updates is a good thing because the automatic updates for antivirus software and spyware are must. Because new viruses, worms and Trojans are launched every day and your antivirus programs must be updated with the definitions of these viruses, worms and Trojans. Manually updating these antivirus software will a lot of time. So it is good thing to do the automatic updates.

Re: Check for these options

Updating the antivirus software and spywares is good thing but you must make sure to check following things.
    1. You must assure that the update notification you are getting must be a true notification.
    2. If your antivirus software is automatic updating then it must give the details what this antivirus software is updating.
    3. There should be an option give to user whether to update now or to remind for the update later.
    4. There should be an option to chose not update the antivirus and spyware until new updates available.

Re: Is it good to do automatic update?

Thanks for the reply for related to the automatic updates. I have read the reply related to the spywares and antivirus software. Now I am keeping the points mentioned in the above reply, and configured the antivirus software and spyware setting as mentioned above. I heard a lot about the firewall settings. Is it necessary to have the firewall on my computer system? If yes then what is the reason for that. Thanks in advance.

Re: Is it good to do automatic update?

Yes you must have the firewall on your computer system. Without the firewall, your computer system can be easily attacked by any hacker. Firewall prevents the access of intentional attackers from the internet on your computer system. If you do not have the firewall setting on your computer system then any attacker can simply enter your computer system and can steal the confidential information from your computer system.