Thread: Computer infected with Vundo.GK

Computer infected with Vundo.GK

My computer has been infected with Vundo.GK and the McAfee antivirus, that I have installed in my system alerted me about the same. The problem I am having is that even if the antivirus is detecting the infection, it has not been able to get rid of the infection. I cant understand why this is happening. I am using Windows Vista operating system and my browser is Internet Explorer 8. Kindly help me with some suitable solutions.

Manual deletion is not possible

Since, Vundo.GK is a trojan horse, I think that the manual deletion is not possible. This is because such infections seem to be genuine from outside, but internally work for a destructive purpose. So, if your computer is infected with Vundo.GK, then I suggest you to format the system immediately and install a new copy of Windows and this will surely get rid of the problem. If the infection keeps persisting in the computer, then a system crash can also occur.

Formatting is not a recommended method

Formatting is not a recommended method to get rid of infections from the system. If your computer has been infected with Vundo.GK, then I suggest you to install a well updated antivirus like AVG, since it is also recommended by experts for the removal of all kinds of infections like virus, trojans and worms. After installing AVG, run a full system scan and remove all the unhealed infections that are detected during the scan.

Use an anti-spyware against trojans

I suggest you to use an anti-spyware against trojans if the computer is infected with Vundo.GK. Such security components are different from the normal antivirus, since they can stay in the background and check out for the malicious activities that are going on within the system. When it finds the applications or programs that are causing the problems in the system, the anti-spyware simply eradicates it from the system. Spyware Doctor is the best anti-spyware that I have ever used.

Keep the antivirus up-to-date

Since, the computer has been infected with Vundo.GK, I advice you to keep the antivirus up-to-date. It does not matter even if you are using the best antivirus in the world and if you do not update the database of the antivirus. This may be the reason that the you are not able to remove the infections from your system. When you update the antivirus, the signatures of the new infections are added to its database. This will hopefully solve the problem.

Install Avast antivirus

I suggest you to install Avast antivirus and use its boot scan feature if your computer is infected with Vundo.GK. The boot scan takes place before the operating system loads and hence, the infections are not able to execute at this time. So, the remain inactive and hence, it is very easy to remove the infections from the system at this time. Install the antivirus immediately and you can get rid of any infections that enter into the system.