Thread: Win32.Joleee.eja worm sending spam email

Win32.Joleee.eja worm sending spam email

It seems that my email on yahoo has been infected by the Win32.Joleee.eja worm detected by Kaspersky anti virus. The worm is sending many spam emails to email-id in my infected yahoo account. And also there are many spam emails which are getting delivered to my Inbox rather than the Spam folder. How to deal with it ?

Re: Win32.Joleee.eja worm sending spam email

The Win32.Joleee.eja is worm which if infects the user machine then it is capable of sending spam mails. It connects to a remote server which is probably controlled by the hacker to send commands and retrieve information from the infected user system. To prevent infection from such network worms it is advised that never to open any attachments from any unknown mail.

Boot to safe mode

To get rid of the infected malicious code I would suggest you to boot your computer to safe mode. To boot your computer to safe mode you need to restart your computer. When the first start-up screen blinks then keep tapping the F8 key. Then select the Safe mode booting option from the available booting options. You may then scan your computer to remove the malicious code from your computer.

Denial of Service attack.

The following IP addresses are recorded to be referred by the Win32.Joleee.eja worm:

The worm is also responsible to cause download of some unknown files. These files also contain malicious content. One of the commonly recorded attack caused by this worm is the Denial of Service (DOS) attack.

Turn on the Windows Firewall

To protect your computer from any network attacks caused by the various network security threats always turn the Windows Firewall ON. Following are the steps which help you to turn Windows Firewall ON in Windows 7 operating system:
    1. GO to Start Button and click on it.
    2. Open the Control Panel and in the search box enter firewall and press the Enter Key.
    3. In the next window locate the Turn Windows Firewall on or off option and clcik on it.
    4. To turn the Windows Firewall ON click on the Turn on Windows Firewall for those network location that are to be protected.