Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 22-01-2010

unable to install SteadyState in windows 7

My system is recently upgraded from windows vista to windows 7. For precautionary measures i want to make sure that my system is secure enough against all possible threats. So i downloaded the Steady state program but i am unable to install the Steady State software in windows 7 Operating system. It say that windows 7 is not a recognized operating system.
Old 22-01-2010

Re: unable to install SteadyState in windows 7

The installation problem occurred because it may be possible that your windows SteadyState software may have not been properly downloaded. So it will be better if you download the software from an other source or website because the setup which you have downloaded is not proper. If possible download it from the Microsoft website.
Old 22-01-2010

The SteadyState software is made for the windows but for the version which were released prior to the windows 7 because the windows 7 does not show any support to windows SteadyState. Hence i will suggest you to forget the windows SteadyState if you are using windows 7 and try to use some other alternative.
Old 22-01-2010

Hello friend i think that the window Steady state software is not compatible with windows 7 and hence you are not able to install this software on your system. hence it is better if you try to find some other alternative to this software cause you can never install this software on windows 7 operating system.
Old 22-01-2010

Thanks for replying me in this matter. As you all told me that windows Steady state is not compatible with the windows 7. So i am requesting you to please suggest some alternative which i can use with the windows 7 and can do every thing what i use to do with windows Steady State. please name atleast one of them.
Old 22-01-2010

I think that the PC safeguard is the best alternative if you want to use it with the windows 7. Also it is quiet similar to windows Steady state and it also contain some additional features.I can't believe Microsoft's is not commiting of making a compatible version available in the future. Till then use the PC safeguard.
Old 29-07-2013
Banned Users

Hey Galeny, Sorry for replying late here. But I think Steadystate is not compatible with Windows 7 any more as it was phased out by Microsoft. So if you looking for any good Alternative for it, you may try Faronics Deep Freeze. I'm using it from last 3-4 years in our schools computer lab and its working fine.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,