Thread: How to remove W32/Sdbot.worm.gen.ax!EBBC416B malware ?

How to remove W32/Sdbot.worm.gen.ax!EBBC416B malware ?

I have recently purchased the Dell Inspiron 546 desktop computer with configuration: AMD Phenom X3, Integrated ATI Radeon HD 3650 512MB, 3GB DDR2 SDRAM, 512 GB HDD and Windows XP as operating system. I use the internet on daily basis for surfing, downloading and playing online games. Using McAfeee antivirus for security. Recently, McAfee found malware name "W32/Sdbot.worm.gen.ax!EBBC416B". I don't know what is this and how does it infect the system?? I am not able to remove it also. Please tell me how to remove it.

Re: How to remove W32/Sdbot.worm.gen.ax!EBBC416B malware ?

According to me , the McAfee has found the virus, means "W32/Sdbot.worm.gen.ax!EBBC416B" is a type of virus. This is a Internet Relay Chat controlled backdoor, which will provide an attacker with unauthorized remote access to the infected computer. The attacker can also gain control over the infected computer and use it to launch a DOS attack on internet systems. Fully update your McAfee and hope you will be able to remove this virus.
    Last edited by Milton.J; 22-01-2010 at 12:53 PM.

The W32/Sdbot.worm.gen.ax!EBBC416B is the detection of virus on your desktop computer. My knowledge says that there are multiple versions of the W32/Sdbot family of worms/viruses which will use IRC as a command and control mechanism. This types of viruses/worms typically use exploits and weak password to spread to vulnerable machines on the network. Uninstall the McAfee antivirus and install the AVG antivirus, it will surely remove this virus.
    Last edited by Spyrus; 22-01-2010 at 12:53 PM.

The malware found by the McAfee is one type of virus or worm. IT has been enetered into your system, because of lack of security. Mainly, this type of worm has characteristics like: It propagates to machines with poorly secured network shares (weak username or password combination's) or accessible share (where local credentials are sufficient to write files to other systems). This all thing can be safe, if you install the register or full version of McAfee.

I personally think this is a virus detection and this viruses comes through a result of poor security practices, or unpatched machines and vulnerable systems. It may have enter through distribution channels including Internet Relay Chat, P2P networks, e-mails, newsgroups postings, etc.
    Aliases: BitDefender - Trojan.Generic.226773 or Comodo-NetWorm.Win32.Kolabc.ae0 or Kaspersky - Net-Worm.Win32.Kolabc.ae or Microsoft - Backdoor:Win32/Rbot.gen!G. In order to remove this kind of viruses, you should install the Full Version of AVG antivirus.

Firstly, would suggest you to remove/uninstall the McAfee, it is of no use and only occupies memory. Install the AVG Full/Register version of antivirus which will easily remove this kind of virus or worms. The threat by which your computer is infected is not that much dangerous, so don't worry. I would also suggest you to not download any files from unknown websites, because they are the cause behind all this. Hope your problem will be fix.