Thread: Alerts of Win32/Agent.NOV on browsing the internet

Alerts of Win32/Agent.NOV on browsing the internet

I keep getting the alerts of Win32/Agent.NOV on browsing the internet from the AVG antivirus that I have installed in my system. I am able to get rid of the infection, but I cannot understand how it enters in the system. I am using Windows XP Service Pack 2 and my browser is Mozilla Firefox. Please help me immediately with suitable solutions, as I am getting irritated everytime I am on the internet.

Opening infected links

You may be opening infected links because of which you may be alerts of Win32/Agent.NOV on browsing the internet. The attackers put a very good caption to the link on the web pages inorder to attract the users to the link. Infections are embedded along with such links. So, when you visit such a link, the infections gain entry into the system. So, you will have to take caution before clicking on any suspicious link on the internet.

Enable the firewall in your system

If you are getting alerts of Win32/Agent.NOV on browsing the internet, then I suggest you to enable the firewall in your system. Firewalls check for each and every bits of data or information that enter into the system. You may have kept it disabled because of which infections are entering into the system. When you enable the firewall, it will become the "entry-point" for all the information from the network into the computer.

Email attachments should be opened with caution

Email attachments should be opened with caution if you are getting alerts of Win32/Agent.NOV on browsing the internet. The attackers send Emails along with the infections, since they know that most of the users will not suspect that it contains infections. The unsuspecting users easily fall prey to such an attack. I advice you to open only those attachments that are send by the known users.

Social engineering attacks

Since you are getting alerts of Win32/Agent.NOV on browsing the internet, I suggest you to beware of the social engineering attacks. In such an attack, the attackers generally pose as an administrator of an official site or will try to be your friend by chatting. On posing as an administrator, they ask for your user id and password and the reason given will be that they need to reset the same. When they try to be a friend of yours, they will convince you to accept some file that contains infections. Be alert and stay away from such attacks.

Turn the automatic updates on

I recommend you to turn the automatic updates on if you are getting alerts of Win32/Agent.NOV on browsing the internet. Just follow the steps given below to do the same:
    1. Click on Start
    2. Then, go to Control Panel.
    3. After that select System.
    4. Now, click on Automatic Updates.
    5. Here, you will have to select a setting. The recommended setting needs to be selected.