Thread: Why my folder always Gets Shared

Why my folder always Gets Shared

I am facing a typical problem with one of my system. I don't know why my folder gets shared all the time even though i have not shared it over the network. Whenever i find this share i just simply delete this share but then after some times it gets shared again. Is this behavior common in windows 7. Also suggest some solution to get rid of this problem.
    Last edited by Gannon; 21-01-2010 at 08:58 PM.

Re: Why my folder always Gets Shared

I will suggest you to to check whether the sub folders are also shared to everyone. Since by default they are not shared to everyone. But if you find that they are shared to everyone then you will require to turn off this sharing. after turning off this sharing. None of the user can access this folder

Personally i don't think that this folder shares all the file because it appears that it shares only what is needed by the home group. I think that you can turnoff this sharing from the folder properties. Also i don't know why you want to disable this sharing. please specify this problem in some more detail so that i can implement on this issue.

Thanks for the replies but none of the replies proved to be helpful to me. I want to disable this sharing so that nobody can view my personal files and documents. Since some of my documents are pretty confidential. Also this sharing can infect my system as well. So please help me any help would be highly appreciated.

To disable this sharing firstly verify whether the sub-folders are also shared to everyone. because usually they aren't. If yes then Simply right click the folder and click Properties. Then go to the haring tab and click "Advanced Sharing" button. Uncheck "Share this folder" option and click OK. I think that this will surely solve your problem.

These files are shared because there sharing properties are on , If you want to disable this sharing you will have to turn this sharing off please follow the stepe below
    1. Right click on the user folder
    2. Select properties now switch to the sharing tab and select advanced sharing
    3. Uncheck the share this folder option and click OK