Thread: Can't install Microsoft Security Essentials update

Can't install Microsoft Security Essentials update

Recently i installed the Microsoft security Essential (MSE) on my windows 7 and it was running smoothly on my system. But yesterday when i manually tried to update the virus definition with the help of Microsoft Security Essentials Update Tab. I noticed that the MSE update was downloaded on the system but when the installation starts the progress bar goes near to complete but after sometimes it just hangs with a message "installing" Need some help

Re: Can't install Microsoft Security Essentials update

It seems that the updates are not downloaded properly. Hence i would request you to download it once again and also see to it that your connection does not gets disconnected during the download, Which might be the culprit in your case. After downloading the updates follow the steps and the updates will be installed.

These error occurs when you have installed some alternate anti virus programs on your system with the microsoft security essentials. That's why i will recommend you to uninstall all the anti virus program that you have installed on your system. After uninstalling this program you can definitely solve your problem

I had faced the similar issue with my MSE-Microsoft security essentials. But nothing helped me at last i got the solution which was quiet a simple one i just had to adjust my time correctly which was not correct. After adjusting the time i was able to install those update on my windows. Wish you all the best

I think that the Microsoft security essentials program has been corrupted. So i would tell you to download it from the microsoft website again and reinstall it. This will repair all possible damages on the microsoft security essential file. if possible please submit the error what you are getting in your further replies.

Some times these type of error occurs due to incorrect date and time. So check the date and time before installing the updates. Go to the start menu select run, type timedate.cpl and press OK a new window will appear, on that make sure that the computer's date and time are correct. If the settings are incorrect, click Change date and time.

Error 644

I am on vista and kept getting this error, and couldnt not update at all, nothing cured it but I came across this which has actually worked, and I can now update fine. I dont know how or why it works I dont care to be honest but it did, and all it was to go into user accounts and turn them off and hey presto yipeeeeeee it works so give it a try anyone having these problems it mite work for you.

Now updating Microsoft Security Essential is no more the annoying part for me. I had also faced this problem many times before i got a nice tip here on this forum. There is an Mpama fe.exe file that update the MSE in few minutes and even being offline. For more info, find it here : Update Microsoft Security Essentials without an Internet