Thread: How to remove "BackDoor-DVB.gen.m" malware?

How to remove "BackDoor-DVB.gen.m" malware?

I am using the Dell Studio 14 laptop with configuration Intel Core2 Duo Processor, 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 512GB HDD and Windows XP as operating system. I use internet on the daily basis for downloading, surfing and playing online games purpose. I am Norton antivirus as a security tool for my laptop, but recently it gave an alert that "BackDoor-DVB.gen.m has been deteced". It only shows the alert, but not able to remove. Please tell me what is it virus or trojan and how to remove it?

Re: How to remove "BackDoor-DVB.gen.m" malware?

The alert you got( i.e BackDoor-DVB.gen.m has been deteced), tell that your computer is been infected by the trojan horse. The BackDoor-DVB.gen.m is one of the trojan horse type which does not self-replicate itself. They spread independently. But this trojan horse is not that risky and they generic type and can removed easily, just you need to install McAfee antivirus and update it fully. Hope your problem will be solved.

According to me, the alert you found tells that a trojan has been detected on your laptop. I would say that they not like viruses, and this trojan's do not self-replicate. They will get spread manually, and mostly under the premise that they will be beneficial or wanted. Mostly they enter through the installation methods which involves system or security exploitation, and unsuspecting users manually executing unknown programs. Install the licensed version of the Norton antivirus and remove the trojan(don't use trial version).

My personal experience about all the viruses and trojans says, that your laptop is infected by a trojan horse. This trojan horse does not self-replicate in fact they get spread manually. And this trojan is known to be created as "%System%\nt6to4.dll" or "%System%\nwcworkstationys.exe". I would recommend you to use licensed version of Norton and remove this trojan by going in safe mode.

Alert you got indicates that the trojan is been already entered into your machine. They are any program with a hidden intent. This trojan can be with many files like gz.css, hloo.exe, ksa.exe,kw2.exe, etc. They spread all over your computer and make it slower and irresponsive. Some trojans are powerful(like stealing password) and some are only to irritate the people. To avoid the trojans you need to install the full or register version of antivirus.

I also got this same alert few days back, and i fixed it also. Actually, the alert tells that the trojan has been detected or entered into your machine. If you are using the trial version of antivirus, then it would not be able to remove the trojan. Because, mostly trial version are meant detecting purpose and don't have that power has the register or full version has. I used the full version of AVG antivirus and removed trojan.