Thread: Generic PWS.y!brn Removal Problem

Generic PWS.y!brn Removal Problem

Hello, I am having Windows xp installed on my computer and while using it I have recently got infected by the virus Generic PWS.y!brn on my computer. I am using Norton for my computer protection but it is not able to remove this particular virus from my computer. Can anyone give me solution which can remove this particular virus from my computer.

Re: Generic PWS.y!brn Removal Problem

Hello, I think you are getting this problem due to the Norton. It is not capable of removing all the viruses from your computer. You must need to use another software application to get the solution. So, make use of one of the below antivirus:
    • AOL Active Virus Shield
    • Avast! Home Edition
    • AVG Anti-Virus
    • BitDefender
    • Kaspersky Anti-Virus
    • McAfee VirusScan
    • Quick Heal AntiVirus

It may possible that your antivirus is out of date and that is why it is not able to remove the viruses which he is detecting. So, just make sure that your antivius is updated and then you can scan your computer for viruses. Then you can simply delete the virus which is detected on your computer. If then also you are not able to remove that virus then you can simply scan your computer online and remove that particular virus from your computer.

Hey, your computer is infected by the Trojan and that is why you are getting this problem. It may possible that you are not able to get to remove this trojan as your norton is not able to remove it. You can simply make use of the Trojan removing applications and solve your problem.
    • Trojan Remover
    • MCS Trojan Remover
    • AVIRA Removal Tool for Windows
    • Loaris Trojan Remover
    • TDS-3 Trojan Defence Suite

I think you need to scan your computer at boot time. It may possible that you are getting this problem as your virus is using any system resource. So, it is needed to make sure that that virus is not running. You can simply check that from Task manager and then solve your problem. You just need to stop that particular process from the task manager. If you scan your computer at boot time then also you can remove that virus as at boot time not a single process is running except the system files of bootup.

Hello, you need to use the Avast Home Edition. I am using it and it is providing me really a better solution from the viruses. When I installed it on my computer from that day I don't get any virus infection. You just need to keep it up to date. Avast Home Edition is having following features:
    • Antivirus and anti-spyware engine
    • Real time anti-rootkit protection
    • Smart virus updates
    • Green computing
    • Web Shield
    • Network Shield