Thread: Exploit-QtRMDR Infection

Exploit-QtRMDR Infection

Hello, I am having Windows xp operating system installed on my computer and recently I have got infected by the virus to the applications as iTunes 8.0.2.20 and QuickTime 7.3.4. When I was using iTunes suddenly it freeze down and then I come to know that my computer is infected by the virus. Now, the problem is I am not able to remove that particular virus from my computer. Can anyone provide me some help so that I can remove this Exploit-QtRMDR virus from my computer.

Re: Exploit-QtRMDR Infection

Hello, It may possible that you are using Antivirus which is having out of date database and that is why your antivirus is not able to delete all those files from your computer. So, just update your computer for the virus protection and after updating your computer you will able to remove that particular virus from your computer. So, just try it and solve your problem.

Hello, I am using Mcafee Antivirus for removing all the viruses from my computer and it also able to remove any virus. So, It may be helpful for you to remove your antivirus and the install the Mcafee antivirus. Then also download the current SDAT file from the Mcafee website and install it on your computer. Currently sdat5866.exe is provided by the Mcafee. So, use it. Then scan your computer and remove all those viruses from your computer.

If you know that your iTunes 8.0.2.20 and QuickTime 7.3.4 applications are got infected by the virus then it is necessary to remove all those applications from your computer as soon as possible by uninstalling them from your computer. You can then scan your computer for detection of the viruses. It will definitely solve your problem. Just make sure that not a single file is used by the system which is infected by the virus. You can stop that process from the Windows Task manager and then remove that from your computer.

I think your antivirus is not capable of removing those particular virus, so you may need to switch to another antivirus application for this purpose. You can make use of one of the below:
    • AOL Active Virus Shield
    • Avast! Home Edition
    • AVG Anti-Virus
    • F-Secure
    • Kaspersky Anti-Virus
    • McAfee VirusScan

Follow the steps below to remove the Exploit-QtRMDR Infection from your computer:
    • Update you computers antivirus application.
    • Now remove the iTunes 8.0.2.20 and QuickTime 7.3.4 software from your computer.
    • Scan your computer for the viruses.
    • If any file is not able to remove then just check it is running in your computer or not from the task manager and then simply stop that process and scan again.