Thread: MAC Network configuration issue

MAC Network configuration issue

I want to setup a dialer in MAC OS. I have a desktop and recently I had purchase a USB modem for my PC. I had received a dailer in that but that is not working in MAC. So how can I create my own dialer. Second thing I want to know some network configuration settings in MAC. This for connecting my desktop to a different PC for internet sharing in case the dialer fails. Thanks in advance...

Re: MAC Network configuration issue

Open "System Preferences", then Control Panel "Network". Here you will enter all the information provided by your supplier (s) Internet access (ISP) so you can log onto the large canvas on OS X. You can create as many configurations as you want depending on the number of ISP accounts you have and / or types of Internet connections that you are going to use. Once all settings in "Network" done, no need to return, unless you want to create new configurations, modify or delete.

Although it is increasingly rare to connect via a dial-up connection, however, here's how to set a configuration 56k analog modem (direct connection to the telephone jack). With the development of broadband, recent Macs no longer have an internal modem. If you need dial-up (PSTN), then you will perhaps need to buy an external USB modem if your Mac has no internal modem.

If you have an Apple USB modem, then of course you can use it without problem. Select your external modem (or your modem if you have one) in the left column of the dashboard "Network". Start by going into the second drop-down menu "Settings" (located under "Status: Not Connected"), then there select the menu "Add Panel", then name this configuration (Free PSTN, for example) so as to better visualize the new configuration, including the login menu you'll see in the toolbar of the Finder.

Here is full network configuration settings for a Dialer. Run th dialer then enter the phone number of your ISP connection (the number that will dial your modem to connect to the Internet) in the "Phone". Then enter your Login (identifier) in the "Account Name". After that enter your password in the "Password". And then click on the Show modem status in menu bar". Click on Apply. Now, click the "Advanced" button. A new window with 5 tabs will appear. Do not touch anything in the tabs "WINS" and "proxies" (unless you really need, which is probably not your case).

Under the modem tab you can find this settings. Select the type of modem to use drop-down menus "Manufacturer" and "Model" (For example, the modem AppleModem (V.92) it is an internal modem or external USB APPLE). Select the 'Enable compression and error correction in modem "and" Wait for dial tone before dialing ". In "Dial", choose "voice frequencies". Choose your country. Then click "OK".