Thread: Need help to delete W32.Sobig.E@mm

Need help to delete W32.Sobig.E@mm

My antivirus software is giving me an alert message that W32.Sobig.E@mm is detected on my computer system. I am trying to delete this W32.Sobig.E@mm from my computer system but I am unable to do so. I have no idea what is the problem why I am not able to delete this W32.Sobig.E@mm from my computer. My personal computer system is also working slow, may be because of the W32.Sobig.E@mm. I want to know how to get rid of this W32.Sobig.E@mm from my computer system.

Re: W32.Sobig.E@mm is internet worm

W32.Sobig.E@mm is a kind of internet worm, these kinds of worm is designed to consume the processing power and the memory space of the computer. The consumption of memory and the processing speed results in the slow working of your computer system. If your current antivirus software is not able to delete this W32.Sobig.E@mm from your computer system then you must change your antivirus software. I am sure this will solve your problem.

Re: Need help to delete W32.Sobig.E@mm

W32.Sobig.E@mm worm spreads through the infected e-mail attachment. The subject and the body of the email are chosen by the W32.Sobig.E@mm worm randomly. One specific thing this infected mail contains is the sentence "Please see the attached zip file for details." So indirectly or directly this infected mail says the user to download the attachment file. Once this W32.Sobig.E@mm enters your computer system then it replicating itself and harms the user. I will suggest you to user Norton antivirus software for removing this W32.Sobig.E@mm worm from your computer system

If you are unable to delete this W32.Sobig.E@mm worm from your computer system then there is specific reason for that. W32.Sobig.E@mm worm changes the registry key so that it can launch every time you reboot your computer system. If you delete this W32.Sobig.E@mm worm from your computer system then it will come again when you reboot your computer system. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    "SSK Service" = %Windows%\winssk32.exe
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    "SSK Service" = %Windows%\winssk32.exe
    W32.Sobig.E@mm modifies the above registry key if you have the knowledge of registry key then you can delete this W32.Sobig.E@mm from your computer system

I was also suffering with the same problem of W32.Sobig.E@mm worm. I got the solution for this problem which I like to share with you. For removing this W32.Sobig.E@mm worm you have to download the avast antivirus software. You can download the avast antivirus software from its official site or you can follow the link given below
    Download avast
    http://www.techarena.in/download/ant...me-edition.htm
    Download updates for avast
    http://www.techarena.in/download/upd...efinitions.htm

Re: Preventive measures

Manually deleting the registry key or using the antivirus software will definitely remove the W32.Sobig.E@mm worm from your computer system but you must follow some of the preventive measures to avoid problem like viruses, worms, and Trojans.
    1. Regularly update your antivirus
    2. Enable your firewall setting and use strong password for your computer system.
    3. Update all the application software you are using on your computer system.
    4. Do not use pirated software
    5. Scan all the documents before downloading it in to your personal computer system.