Thread: Laptop infected by Adware.NaviPromo.Gen.2

Laptop infected by Adware.NaviPromo.Gen.2

Hi everybody, I am using this laptop from last 5 years. I have never found any virus on my system as i play very much safe with my notebook. I have never got any need to update my spyware but i think the time for this purpose have came now. My laptop is popping up some advertisements. I have not installed any tool neither i have enable any services then how this pop up advertisements comes on my desktop? Can Adware.NaviPromo.Gen.2 do this as i know that my laptop is infected by Adware.NaviPromo.Gen.2.

Adware.NaviPromo.Gen.2

Adware.NaviPromo.Gen.2 is an adware which keeps on watching your visited websites. Once your computer have found this file in system then it creates %SYSTEM%\nvs2.inf file or some kind of pop ups advertisements will be coming on your desktop. As you said that it is the same case with you, I would suggest you to delete this as soon as possible. These pop ups will based on the most visited websites by the user.

Use Avast anti virus to deal with Adwares.

Avast Anti Virus is the beautiful spyware to deal with the worms and adwares in your system. This spyware has capability to updates its version automatically from the internet. This spyware contains the huge database about the viruses and it will be alarming as soon as any virus enters in your system. You do not have to worry about updating your spyware now. To download the AVAST SECURITY, Please click on the name.

About Adware.NaviPromo.

The Adware.NaviPromo malware family is very much active malware which is bit difficult to detect. The Adware.NaviPromo runs silently on your system. Adware.NaviPromo types of malwares uses rootkit techniques to hide its files on disk and memory. And even registry entries also will be hidden. But it is not impossible to remove this malware from your system as there are many spywares which can easily remove this family of malware.

From where Adware.NaviPromo.Gen.2 comes.

Adware.NaviPromo.Gen.2 is one of the difficult virus to capture. This virus comes from the softwares which are been downloaded from the following web sites.
    1. "netgamebox.com"
    2. "ediaplayer.com"
    3. "planet.com"
    4. "skinner.com"
    5. "stro.com"
    6. "cord.com"
    7. "ngerskinner.com"

What Adware.NaviPromo.Gen.2 will do.

Once your system gets infected by the Adware.Navipromo then first of all this malware will creates its copy in the registry and will make hidden. Usually it is found in %SYSTEM% or C:\Documents and Settings\[USER]\Local Settings\Application Data. After its first execution, this malware will creates and hides one or more additional files in the same directory which will be ending with
    [random_name].dat, [random_name]_nav.dat, [random_name]_navps.dat, [random_name]_navup.dat, [random_name]_navtmp.dat, [random_name]_m2s.xml or [random_name]_m2s.zl extensions.