Thread: Lan and dialup priority per application

Lan and dialup priority per application

I'm trying to connect 2 different devices in to one computer fro internet access.

Using Vista Home ed.

First : on-board lan adapter
    Second : Dialup connection using 3g huwaei mobile USB device

I want to access HTTP and secure connection using HUWAEI. Because it is limited to 3 gb per month with overlimit pay policy.

I want to use on-board lan adapter to download torrent files. (DHT connection with utorrent) It is connected to ADSL router which is unlimited.

To setup such a network, I tried to create a proxy server on my local machine using ccproxy. I can successfully connect to internet using ADSL using the proxy policies. I disabled the access of http from the server settings, but allowed torrent to connect using port mapping. I also selected the ip adress of the ADSL router as the local adress. No problems.

But when I connect to USB dialup, dialup connection somehow takes priority over lan connection for all applications. Internet explorer gains access to http port as proxy server stops connecting to adsl router, so losing the torrent connections.

In the control panel under network devices, LAN connection is defined as local and HUWAEI as internet connection. I can not make both as internet connection.

Does anybody know a way to give priority to a connection over the other for an application using vista? If I can define the proxy server to use LAN connection, the problem will be solved, but I can't find a way...

Re: Lan and dialup priority per application

Ok, in control panel I was able to define both connections as internet and local at the same time.

I started the proxy server, start downloading with 100 kbps in torrent.

I started the dialup connection and boom. Proxy server lost its connection...

Does anybody know what to do???

I don't think so you can access the usb dial up modem and onboard adapter connection at same time, if yes then i'll also wanted to know the procedure to do this.

To give priority between connections simply set one connection as default one.

Using a mobile device as well the lan adapter for accessing internet is basically not a proper way to do. I means you cannot use it anyhow. Either one of the device can be made to work upon. the Address actualy conflicts with one system working as the source for two different Ip addresses.