Thread: Back-door: Win32/VBbot.V threat detected by Symantec anti virus

Back-door: Win32/VBbot.V threat detected by Symantec anti virus

I have installed Symantec anti virus installed on my newly purchased Compaq Presario CQ40-315AU laptop. After two days of using this laptop the Symantec anti virus showed a threat message about a Back-door: Win32/VBbot.V infection. I selected the delete option, but this backdoor infection keeps coming back when I connect my laptop to internet.

Boot laptop in Safe Mode

One of the many solutions to remove the backdoor virus is to boot the laptop in Safe Mode. To boot your laptop in safe mode you need to restart your laptop and keep pressing the F8- function key. This will display a black and white screen, use the arrow key and reach the Safe Mode option and press Enter. Run a full system scan to delete the backdoor virus.

Re: Back-door: Win32/VBbot.V threat detected by Symantec anti virus

Using the Safe Mode to delete the Back-door: Win32/VBbot.V infection was also of no use. In safe mode the anti virus did not even detect the Back-door: Win32/VBbot.V infection. When I booted my laptop in normal mode the Back-door: Win32/VBbot.V infection would reappear when I connected my computer to the internet. Suggest some other removal methods. I also guess that I need to install some other anti virus as well.

Setup Windows Firewall

I am using the Windows 7 Home edition operating system on my desktop computer. And as a precautionary step I had setup a Windows Firewall to safeguard my computer against malicious program that might infect my desktop computer. The steps to turn the Windows Firewall on in Windows 7 are as follows:
    1. Go to the Start Menu and open the Control Panel
    2. Enter firewall in the search box.
    3. Open Windows Firewall by Clicking on it.
    4. Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off which is a option in the left pane.
    5. Click Turn on Windows Firewall under each network location that you want to help protect, and then click OK

AVAST anti virus

It can be that the virus had also modified or infected the anti virus program in your laptop so that it is not deleted by the anti virus. This can be due to the anti virus program not been updated. You may install McAfee, Norton Internet Security, Avira, Kaspersky or Avast anti virus. I am using Avast anti virus program, so you may Download AVAST anti virus program and install it on your laptop. Then you can go for the boot scan using Avast to track the virus and remove it permanently.

Win32/VBbot.V is a Backdoor Trojan

The Win32/VBbot.Vis a type of a Backdoor Trojan. The main intention of this Trojan to infect a host machine and make way for other malicious codes to be loaded and provide remote unauthorized access of the host machine. Even Microsoft has generated a Severe level threat alert for this Backdoor Trojan. After infecting the host machine it is known to sort access out the following malicious remote host:
    • voanews.ath.cx:8585
    • google.homeunix.com:80
    • ymail.ath.cx:8585
    • tyuqwer.dyndns.org:80

Re: Back-door: Win32/VBbot.V threat detected by Symantec anti virus

My window defender detects Back-door:Win32 and when I click on the quarantine button of window defender it not only blocks this worm but also kills my internet. Could anybody help me out with this issue?