Thread: Oops! This link appears broken. DNS error

Oops! This link appears broken. DNS error

Hi,

I use Internet explorer as my default browser on my windows xp computer. I am not able to visit some websites, it gives me the error message, "Oops! This link appears broken. DNS error - cannot find server."Actually, the link is not broken and works fine on other computers. please help.

Re: Oops! This link appears broken. DNS error

Often, if you open a Web browser, go to the URL, and this URL can not open a Web site, you may mistakenly blame the DNS. In reality, the problem is probably caused by network connection. It is especially suited for cases when you use a wireless connection on the laptop. The minutes of security for wireless connections, the key is periodically reviewed and reduced signal strength, which causes loss of network connectivity. Make sure that you have a valid IP address in the network. This can be viewed by visiting the connection status (View Status), then click the Details (Details), and you'll see your IP address and you can check the addresses of DNS servers.

In most configurations home / SMB routers they do not have their own DNS servers and SMB router forwards DNS on the real DNS server. In this case, the IP address of your DNS server may be the same as the address of your router. Finally, make sure that your DNS servers are located in the correct order. In my case, the local DNS server is 10.0.1.20. It is configured to forward any names that he can not convert to my local router 10.0.1.1. This router forwards DNS to the DNS server of my ISP. I can see these DNS servers from your router.

Even if your adapter is configured to obtain DNS information from DHCP, there is a possibility of conflict of IP addresses or DNS server information obsolescence. After you select the option to automatically obtain IP and DNS information, I usually drop their IP address and update it.

While this can be done through an interface in Windows Diagnostic your network configuration, I prefer to perform this task using the command interpreter. If you enabled UAC, always run the Windows command interpreter on behalf of the Administrator account, and then run:

IPCONFIG / RELEASE

IPCONFIG / RENEW

Then run IPCONFIG / ALL, to see their new information, IP and DNS server.

Chances are that you need to ensure that your network adapter to obtain an IP address of the DNS server with a DHCP server. If you look at the graph below, you will see that the adapter IP address of the DNS server specified manually. You may need to change this option in the option 'Obtain DNS server address automatically (Obtain DNS server address automatically)', to get a new IP server DNS. To do this, open the Properties tab of its network adapter, and select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).

To resolve error message Oops! This link appears broken. DNS error - cannot find server in Windows XP, go to My Computer and Control Panel. Click the Network Connections tab, and then link to what connection you have. Find the "Repair" and click it. Of course, you can use a program called ccleaner to clean your registry, delete cookies and then click on "repair" the network connections tab and it works !!!!