Thread: Win32/Patchstart.A virus causing unnecessary system changes

Win32/Patchstart.A virus causing unnecessary system changes

Since the last five days there are some unnecessary changes happening to my computer system. My installed anti virus Panda is detecting the threat as Win32/Patchstart.A virus. It deletes this threat as well but on each system boot the threat is again detected. Also there many folders created on my desktop screen, which I am not able to open. How to deal with it ?

Virus: Win32/Patchstart.A

The Virus: Win32/Patchstart.A is a malicious program that infects a .dll file. If this .dll file makes way to the host computer and is executed the contained malicious code of the virus also gets executed. Thus the virus gets activated. As till now there are no symptoms recorded for this virus. The only way to detect it is the alert messages given by the anti-virus.

Make use of the Safe Mode option of Windows

If you are using Windows operating system then the Safe mode option can be helpful in deleting the detected threat. The Safe Mode option is where in the system is booted in a special booting mode making use of minimum system resources and disabling all the third party applications. You need to keep tapping the F8 key to bot your system to safe mode. In safe mode you should scan your system for the detected threat to be deleted.

Re-store your Windows using a Safe Point Re-store

My suggestion is that you re-store your Windows settings to a safe re-store point. This is a utility of Windows referred as the Windows System Restore utility which is present in Windows XP, Windows Vista as well as Windows 7. Opening the Windows Re-store utility will ask you to select a Windows re-store point. Select a point where the virus was not present on your system.

Re: Win32/Patchstart.A virus causing unnecessary system changes

My suggestion is that you re-store your Windows settings to a safe re-store point. This is a utility of Windows referred as the Windows System Restore utility which is present in Windows XP, Windows Vista as well as Windows 7. Opening the Windows Re-store utility will ask you to select a Windows re-store point. Select a point where the virus was not present on your system.
    As suggested I tried the Windows System Restore with my Windows XP operating system. But when I tried to select a restore point before the virus infection it would result in a message saying that Windows cannot be restored to the selected Restore Point. Also I tried different restore points but all gave the same message. How can I remove this virus out of my computer system?

Format your hard drive

I had a virus on my computer which would also not allow me make use of the Windows System Restore utility. This virus was not getting deleted by my McAfee anti virus. And I was also not able to boot my computer in Safe mode. Even my internet surfing speed was reduced. I then formatted my hard drive which caused the virus also to be deleted from my computer. Hope this works for you as well.