Thread: Infected by TROJ_HYDRAQ.A malware

Infected by TROJ_HYDRAQ.A malware

I am working in IT company and at manager level post. Recently, i purchased a laptop(i.e DELL Studio 14) with configuration:Intel Core2 Duo Processor with chipset of Cantiga GM45, 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 512GB HDD and Windows Xp as operating system. My laptop is also used my son and wife, they use for internet, gaming ,etc purpose. Yesterday, got an alert from my McAfee anitvirus that "TROJ_HYDRAQ.A is found". I don't what this alert exactly means? Is it any malware or trojan? and please tell how to remove it?
    Last edited by Harpreet Gaur; 19-01-2010 at 11:35 AM.

Re: Infected by TROJ_HYDRAQ.A malware

Firstly would say that the alert you got (i.e "TROJ_HYDRAQ.A") is a trojan horse detection alert. The "TROJ_HYDRAQ.A" is a trojan that got the attention from the independent media sources or maybe from other security firms. They mainly enters or infects on operating system like Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, Server 2003. This trojan horse is not encrypted. It can also damage your laptop in many ways. I think you are using the trial version of antivirus, which is not allowing you to remove this trojan. Install full version and remove it.

My first advice would be not use internet till you remove this alert(i.e the alert of the trojan horse on computer). This is because, the trojan which is entered into your computer can destroy your laptop, if it gets any internet connection. And the trojan entered is maybe came from an email or it may be dropped or downloaded by another threat. My recommendation would be install Symantec Antivirus which will remove this trojan.

According to me, the alert you got indicates the trojan horse has entered into your machine(i.e laptop). I think this trojan horse is not high risk one ,but they have ability to do damage on your machine. The Trojan.Hydraq trojan horse are those which open up a back door on the compromised computer. Install licensed version of antivirus and you would be able to remove this trojan.

The TROJ_HYDRAQ.A is one the trojan horse type. They are also know as "Trojan.Hydraq". This trojans are capable to infect your laptop by means of spam e-mail messages or also it capable to be dropped by another virus. The Trojan.Hydraq will open up a back door on the infected machine and allow a remote attacker to gain full access. So, simply don't access internet till you remove this trojan, otherwise all data can be stolen. Buy licensed version of antivirus and install it and remove the trojan.

Your laptop has been infected by "TROJ_HYDRAQ.A" trojan horse. I would suggest to remove the McAfee antivirus and download and install the Trend Micro antivirus, which is considered to be very good for removing the trojan's. After installing the Trend Micro, do full system scanning and note all the files which are infected by this trojan. After that restart your laptop and start in safe mode. Now, go into the Register Edit, and remove the register named: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sun\1.1.2\(AppleTlk ="" or IsoTp = ""). Remove the files "%UserTemp%\{random}.tmp "and "%UserTemp%\c_1758.nls". Lastly delete all the files you noted as infected by TROJ_HYDRAQ.A. Hope your problem will be solved.