Thread: How to get rid from W32.Welchia.Worm?

How to get rid from W32.Welchia.Worm?

My computer restarts anytime while I am working on my computers system. I am really annoyed with this problem. When I scanned my personal computer I got the alert message that W32.Welchia.Worm is detected. I have deleted this W32.Welchia.Worm from my computer system. But it does not help me. I just want to know how to delete this W32.Welchia.Worm from my computer system. I will be really thankful if anybody can tell me the procedure to remove this W32.Welchia.Worm.

Re: How to get rid from W32.Welchia.Worm?

If your antivirus software is detecting this W32.Welchia.Worm on your computer system but not able to delete it then you must update your current antivirus software. After updating your current antivirus software try to remove this W32.Welchia.Worm from your computer system in safe mode. I am sure this will surely help you to remove this worm from your computer system.

Re: Download avast antivirus software

According to me you must change you antivirus software. I will suggest you to download avast antivirus software. You can download the avast antivirus software from its official site or you can follow the below link for downloading avast antivirus software.
    Download avast
    http://www.techarena.in/download/ant...me-edition.htm
    Download updates for avast
    http://www.techarena.in/download/upd...efinitions.htm
    I am using this antivirus software and my computer system is working smoothly. I think this antivirus software will also help you.

W32.Welchia.Worm which is detected on your computer system is RPC (Remote Procedure Call) worm. This W32.Welchia.Worm scans the internet protocol address of the computer systems and infect the un-patched system. This W32.Welchia.Worm copies itself to the window system 32/ wins folder with the name DLLHOST.EXE.

Re: Download the security patch for removing this worm

This W32.Welchia.Worm also copies tftpd.exe with the name SVCHOST.exe at the destination Windows System32\WINS folder. After that this worm downloads and installs the remote procedure calls security patches and restarts the system. If you want to delete this W32.Welchia.Worm from your computer then you must install the security patch from http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec...n/MS03-026.asp.
    Download and install the security patch for removing this worm.

Antivirus software and the security patch will surely remove the W32.Welchia.Worm from your computer system. But you must follow some preventive measures to avoid the problem like these.
    1. Regularly update your antivirus
    2. Enable your firewall setting and use strong password for your computer system.
    3. Update all the application software you are using on your computer system.
    4. Do not use pirated software
    5. Scan all the documents before downloading it in to your personal computer system