Thread: Nokia 3650 got "Caribe" from bluetooth.

Nokia 3650 got "Caribe" from bluetooth.

Help please, I have bought a brand new Nokia 3650 this month and bought a bluetooth also for the same. I do not know what has happened to my phone. It started displaying some strange things on my mobile's screen such as 'Caribe'. Then i got the message from the bluetooth device about receiving the caribe in my phone. What is this "Caribe" which has been just installed on my phone? How to track this "Caribe" on my phone's directory?

Phone infected by Worm.SymbOS.Cabir.

I think you have got the virus in your nokia phone. Worm.SymbOS.Cabir is a one worm which comes through the bluetooth as a message and it will load up in your c drive of your mobile's operating system. "Worm.SymbOS" name itself indicates that it is a worm for Symbian OS. It may happen that your mobile is infected by the Worm.SymbOS.Cabir type of worm because of which you phone is behaving in an improper manner.

Use F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus to delete worms from mobiles.

I would suggest you to install F-Secure Mobile Anti-Virus on your nokia mobile phone as operating system on your phone is infected by the worm. This anti virus software can detect all the three types of canbir worms which are Worm.SymbOS.Cabir.a, Worm.SymbOS.Cabir.b, Worm.SymbOS.Cabir.c As you have not mentioned about the exact file of the particular worm but not to worry, this will work with most of the viruses in your phone.

What is Cabir?

Basically Cabir is the worm(virus) which has been spreaded by the bluetooth connections in mobile phones. You would be shocked to know that it is the first worm to travel through the bluetooth connection. This worm is made for mobile phone which runs Symbian OS Series 60 platform. It will be incoming as a message from the bluetooth device and will spread further in your phone after opening it.

Hidden Bluetooth mode can save from Carib.

I have a solution for those who wants to play safe while they are using their bluetooth. Cabir is a very much known and first worm traveling through the bluetooth network of the mobile phones. But if you have selected your Bluetooth mode as hidden then this worm can not detect your phone. It may come from some other mobile when your bluetooth is on but it can save your phone by using hidden bluetooth device.

Caribe.sis is autostart application.

Once you have selected yes for the caribe.sis to come in your phone then you can not stop worm coming to your phone. Actually caribe.sis is a worm which come through the bluetooth devices that you use with your mobile phones. This file contains the caribe.app which is its main executable file. flo.mdl is the system recognizer file used in this worm. Canbir.sis contains autostart settings which automatically execute caribe.app just after clicking YES to accept this file.