Thread: Need help to remove W32.Dumaru@mm.

Need help to remove W32.Dumaru@mm.

My computer system is working very slow. When I scanned my computer system with AVG scan antivirus software I got an alert message that W32.Dumaru@mm is detected on my computer system. I have deleted this W32.Dumaru@mm from my computer system many times but whenever I reboot my computer system I got the same alert message. Can anybody help me to remove this W32.Dumaru@mm from my computer system?

Re: W32.Dumaru@mm is kind of internet worm

W32.Dumaru@mm which is detected on your computer system is kind of mass mailing worm, this worm uses e-mail address collected from the file htm, wab, html, dbx, tbb, abd. After collecting e-mail address from the infected computer system W32.Dumaru@mm worm sends it copies to the other email address for spreading itself. If your current antivirus is not able to remove this W32.Dumaru@mm from your computer system then you must change your antivirus software.

Re: Need help to remove W32.Dumaru@mm.

If your current antivirus software is not able to delete this W32.Dumaru@mm worm from your computer system then first up-date your antivirus software and then try to remove this W32.Dumaru@mm worm from your computer system. If that does not work then go for system restore. This will surely help you out.

According to me you must change your current antivirus software with avast antivirus. You can download the avast antivirus software from its official site or you can follow the link given below.
    Download avast
    http://www.techarena.in/download/ant...me-edition.htm
    Download updates for avast
    http://www.techarena.in/download/upd...efinitions.htm
    First download the avast antivirus software and then download the updates for the avast antivirus software. After that install the antivirus software and the rest of the thing will be managed by this antivirus software.

Thank you for your reply; first I have updated my current antivirus software and try to delete this W32.Dumaru@mm worm from my computer system but that does not help me. After that I have downloaded the avast antivirus from the link given and install the avast antivirus. Now my computer system is free from W32.Dumaru@mm worm. But I also want to know the preventive measures for avoiding problem like these.

Re: Preventive measures

You must follow the following preventive measures to avoid the problem like viruses, worms, and Trojans.
    1. Regularly update your antivirus
    2. Enable your firewall setting and use strong password for your computer system.
    3. Update all the application software you are using on your computer system.
    4. Do not use pirated software
    5. Scan all the documents before downloading it in to your personal computer system.