Thread: Error 630 : Cannot connect to the Internet

Error 630 : Cannot connect to the Internet

Hi,

Does anyone know about Error 630 or has heard of it, Although everything is correctly installed and configured, I can not establish internet connection with my laptop. If I can help someone and need more information, then please write to me and I describe the problem in detail. I have windows xp machine

Please, help me!

Re: Error 630 : Cannot connect to the Internet

It is possible that the phone cable is not securely connected to the modem or that this is not properly configured. as it is an external modem, the modem must be off or, in any case the computer's serial port or serial cable for not responding or is not plugged. You can check if the power button on the modem is working correctly.

• Check if the correct modem is selected in the properties of the connection.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Then places the Modem icon in Control Panel and make a diagnostic test.

According to this if the modem does not respond to proceed to reinstall it (for this you should have your modem drivers). If you cannot hear the modem dial tone, it is most likely that is improperly installed.

To solve Error 630, in Windows XP: go to My Computer/Control Panel/Phone and Modem Options/Modem/Properties/Diagnostics/Query Modem. You can check there too if that menu is positioned in the correct port by default I think, it should be COM3. If set up properly then you check the cable you are using for connection or if there is too much noise on the line

Check power supply for your modem. If you use an external modem just turn it off then on again after 10 seconds. If you have an internal modem, it is necessary to turn off your computer 30 seconds then on again (a simple reboot does not). You can then rebuild a connection test.

To resolve your problem, try the following things :

1 - Make sure the correct modem is selected in the connection properties.
    2 - Reboot the PC
    3 - Making a diagnosis to the modem from the Control Panel, but responds to uninstall and reinstall.
    4 - If the diagnosis is incorrect ATI commands throws reinstall the modem.
    5 - Make sure the modem has no command string is right or according to the Model of the Chip.
    6 - Update Modem Drivers.
    7 - Check online possible noise

Error 630: The computer has received no response from the modem. Make sure the modem is connected and switch if the modem off and on again. Check in that case that no other program running that the modem is busy. It could be a fax program such as "Receive Manager of Bitware. This program is waiting or faxing entry, but it keeps the modem busy, so it can not simultaneously be used for other things. In that case, you'll first need to turn the other program before you can dial.

When you attempt to dial into the Internet means the error 630: "The port was disconnected due to hardware failure." Possible causes could be an incorrect setting in the Control Panel under "Accessibility" - "General" - "External Accessibility. If no such is used, then checkbox should be disabled. Otherwise, the COM port to be changed under Settings. It is also possible that an external modem that is not enabled.