Thread: Computer infected with Win-Trojan/Apher.33280.G

Computer infected with Win-Trojan/Apher.33280.G

My computer is infected with Win-Trojan/Apher.33280.G and the Kaspersky antivirus that I am using in my system alerted me about its entry into the system. The problem is that the antivirus does not perform any action when I try to delete the infection from the interface of the antivirus. Kindly help me with suitable remedies to this problem as soon as possible.

Delete the infection manually

If the computer is infected with Win-Trojan/Apher.33280.G, then I suggest you to delete the infection manually. When this infection enters in the system, it installs with the name "1.exe". You just have to find the files with this particular name in your system. After you have found them, first terminate the processes of this file from the Task Manager. After that go to the original location of this file and then delete them manually. This will get rid of the problem.
    Last edited by Zachary; 17-01-2010 at 12:01 AM.

Format the system

Doing the manual deletions of the infections like Win-Trojan/Apher.33280.G is a very difficult task, since it is a trojan. They seem to be legitimate programs from outside. Hence, you will not be able to recognize them. I suggest you to format the system if the computer has been infected with Win-Trojan/Apher.33280.G. After formatting install a new copy of Windows in your computer.
    Last edited by Shen; 17-01-2010 at 12:00 AM.

Use Quick Heal antivirus

Since, your computer is infected with Win-Trojan/Apher.33280.G, I advice you to use Quick Heal antivirus. This antivirus provides the feature of boot scan, which starts before the operating system loads. So, the infections remain inactive at this time because they are not able to execute before the startup of the operating system. I hope that this will solve your problem.

Safe mode scanning

Safe mode scanning with the help of a well updated antivirus will help if the computer is infected with Win-Trojan/Apher.33280.G. The infections are not able to execute in the safe mode. I suggest you to use AVG antivirus, since it can remove all types of infections including trojans, worms as well as all kinds of virus. After the scanning is complete, remove all the unhealed infections that are detected during the scan.

Enable a system restore

You need to enable a system restore if the computer is infected with Win-Trojan/Apher.33280.G. For this purpose, when you start the system, first go into the safe mode. After that do the system restore to a time when you are sure that the system was free from infections. All the programs and applications that were installed during this time will be removed from the system by this technique.