Thread: VPN connections with HTC Tilt 2

VPN connections with HTC Tilt 2

I recently purchased a HTC Tilt 2 and love it so much to use. I have attempted to configure a vpn connection to my corporate network and got something to be successful. I have been able to login to my corporate servers from my house, etc. But, It comes into active sometime and sometimes gone to work.

Something suggested by my friend that having vpn connection through the WiFi work much better than the 3G technique, especially since I live in a NON-3G service area in the AT&T network. Have you all something that can help me to go for correct way to configure a vpn connection....?????

According to me the something that you can do primarily and you need not to go for some deep chnages. The simple way solution that you can use for the connection problem is as follows.

Click on Start menu and choose Settings then Connections=> Advanced => Select Networks and created NEW for "Programs that automatically connect to a private network should connect using:" I create the VPN configuration by selecting the vpn tab and providing sufficient data to continue the connection.

If you have entered the proper argument for creating connection for the VPN? Is it that you just can be unable to connect? Or just cant pass data?

One thing, should be considered that AT&T put a Proxy Manager on this device that is enabled by default to try and route whole data traffic via respective proxy server-you would likely wanted to bypass this by moving to Start=>Tools=>Proxy Manager=>Disable.

Also, based on the requirements for your VPN/host server, you may require to have your service provisioned with isp.cingular rather than the normal wap.cingular-the difference here is the IP address that is delivered for the data session that can be public or private. As for a configuration suggestion, you can go for the Microsoft procedure although I cant say that I have ever got any guidelines that suggest for things like this from them...

I am also needed to configure the VPN connection. I keep getting improper username and password that I know is correct. I am not so sure if there are needed settings on our Check Point VPN? There maybe the possibility that you can provide me some insight? Are you agree that any utility that requires to be installed?

By the way, I can share this mechanism where I found to make VPN connection:

Move to the Settings=> Communications=> Data connection (TURN ON)=> Manage Existing Connections - Select VPN tab - Hold down on your VPN connection until is says "Connect".

Hello sir,

I don't have much information that I can available you. I have connected to an Active Directory Network via the VPN with the help of the native windows network. I did not have to install any other application application since windows 6.5 pro must be supported with Windows server 2003. That's why I need some more detail technical information associated to the hte capabilities of this device!

Thanks...!!!!