Thread: Infected by BackDoor-DTL.a malware

Infected by BackDoor-DTL.a malware

I am using the DELL Studio 15 laptop with configuration:Intel Core2 Duo(chipset Cantiga GM45), Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD, 2GB SDRAM, 256GB HDD and Windows XP(operating system). I use the internet on this laptop on daily basis (for downloading various files, surfing ,etc). I also many latest games on my laptop. Few days, i got alert from AVG antivirus telling :"Infected by BackDoor-DTL.a". I have no idea about this alert, and please tell how to remove this malware?

Re: Infected by BackDoor-DTL.a malware

The alert you received from AVG antivirus tells that your laptop is attacked from the trojan horse. In other words, your laptop is infected by the trojan horse name "BackDoor-DTL.a". Trojan horse normally does not replicate itself, they spread independently. They can be removed by installing the licensed or registered version of antivirus. So, if you are using the trial version then upgrade to full/registered version and your problem will be solved.

The "BackDoor-DTL.a" alert is considered to be a detection of trojan in computer. This trojans does not self-replicate. They are often spread manually, and under the motto that the executable is something beneficial. According to me, the channels of distribution like Internet Relay Chat, P2P networks, emails, etc. are medium through which this trojans enter. To avoid or to be safe from this kind of problem, install the registered version of antivirus and not the pirated copy of it.

According to me, the threat(alert) indicates that the trojan horse has been entered into your system and it is entered due to lack/poor security system on your machine. This trojans are consider to be very high risk and they may corrupt many registry files also. So, would recommend you to use the Register or Licensed copy of the AVG antivirus and not the trial one. Hope your problem will be fix.

My knowledge and studies about the computer says that the you got is of the trojans detection. And they are not like viruses, this trojans does not self-replicate. They get spreads into computer manually, often under the premise that they are beneficial or wanted. The symptoms of this type of detection are the files, registry, and network communication gets unresponsive. Think so you are using the trial version of the AVG antivirus, that's why it can remove this trojan. You should register it and will be able to remove it.

Firstly would say that your laptop is infected by the trojan horse. Their aliases are BackDoor-DTL!07bfa61057a6, BackDoor-DTL.sys, etc. This trojan hrose has file name as "3089.exe" and its length is about 37,376 bytes. THis trojan also makes changes in system like:
    These are general defaults for typical path variables. (Although they may differ, these examples are common.):
    %WinDir% = \WINDOWS (Windows /ME/XP/Vista),
    %SystemDir% = \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 (Windows XP/Vista), \WINNT\SYSTEM32 (Windows NT/2000)
    %ProgramFiles% = \Program Files
    This trojans can be stop to enter into computer and also can be removed by installing the McAfee Full(register) version of the antivirus.