Thread: Solution for preventing W32/Zbot.QEE!tr from entering the system

Solution for preventing W32/Zbot.QEE!tr from entering the system

Is there any solution for preventing W32/Zbot.QEE!tr from entering the system. This infection has made my system miserable. I am using AVG antivirus. It helps me to delete the infection, but whenever it enters into my system, it becomes very slow and almost hangs. I suppose that it enters from the internet, but I do not know any technique to stop it from entering the system. Please help me with suitable solutions.

Keep the antivirus up to date

Hello, a solution for preventing W32/Zbot.QEE!tr from entering the system is to keep the antivirus up to date. There are many infections that are created daily by the attackers. The signatures of all these infections need to be added into the database of the antivirus. Only then, it will be able to alert and delete, if any infections enter into the system. I use the same method in my system and has proved very useful to me.

Enable the firewall in your system

You will have to enable the firewall in your system as a solution for preventing W32/Zbot.QEE!tr from entering the system. Here is how you have to do it in your system:
    1. Go to Start.
    2. Then, click on Control Panel.
    3. After that, go to Network and Internet Connections. Click on Switch to Category View, if you do not see this option.
    4. There, click on Change Windows Firewall Settings.
    5. Now, select ON.
    6. Lastly, click OK.

Do not click on suspecting links

It is advised to not click on suspecting links, when you are on the internet. This is a very good solution for preventing W32/Zbot.QEE!tr from entering the system. The attackers generally embed the links with the infections and give a very attracting title to it. The unsuspecting users easily fall prey to such attacks and the infections gain entry into the system, thus providing with the valuable information that the attacker requires.

Keep the entire system updated

An infection is made by the attacker such that it can run in a particular environment. So, if you keep the entire system updated, the infection will not be able to recognize the new components of the system, since they will be in a different format. This is a type of solution for preventing W32/Zbot.QEE!tr from entering the system because even if they enter into the system, they will not be able to do any harm to the system.

Do not accept file transfers from unknown users

A simple solution for preventing W32/Zbot.QEE!tr from entering the system is to not accept file transfers from unknown users. The attackers will generally try to chat with you and after some time, will convince tou to accept some file, that will be described as having a great use. You just have to remain alert and decline such invitations. This may solve your problem to a great extent.