Thread: What is Onenotem.exe

What is Onenotem.exe

Hi mates,, i need some urgent help from you all. I am a windows user. Yesterday, one of my cousin has downloaded some stuffs from internet and since than i can see a process named Onenotem.exe running in the system background. I have never seen this before. Is Onenotem.exe any spyware or trojan and should i remove it form my PC ? If yes, please let me know how? Thanks for all your help..

Re: What is Onenotem.exe

Onenotem.exe is not any kind of Trojan or Spyware. It is installed by the software Microsoft Office OneNote. It is housed in the Windows notification area (right of the taskbar) for quick access to functions of notetaking software. A left click on the icon opens a new window taking notes. Right click, meanwhile, opens a menu for quick access to various features.

The Program Manager can be used to display information on the processes and programs running on a computer, and the general status of the computer. It can also be used to terminate processes and programs, as well as change the process priority.

Onenotem.exe is part of the note taking program that ships with Microsoft Office 2003. It is required for the side note windows to work. The purpose of the process onenotem.exe is to quickly launch Microsoft Office OneNote on user's computer. The ability to quickly fire up OneNote from the System Tray is crucial to this type of program, so better let it be running.It's required for the side note windows to work.

Onenotem.exe is part of the note taking program that ships with Microsoft Office 2003. A process is an instance of a computer program that is executed sequentially. A computer program itself is just a passive collection of instructions, while a process is the actual execution of these instructions. Several processes can be associated with one program, for example the opening of two windows of the same program typically means two processes are running.

The file Onenotem.exe refers to a software package for free-form information collecting as well as multi-user collaboration. It is a part of the note taking program that ships with Microsoft Office 2003. Users need not tediously search for information across e-mail messages, paper notebooks, printouts and file folders. Disabling, terminating or deleting the application onenotem.exe in Microsoft Office folder in Program Files directory will disable MS OneNote. However, you can safely stop this process by right click on its icon, located in the Windows notification area and selecting "Delete icon OneNote.