Thread: Is there a known TPSBattM.exe error

Is there a known TPSBattM.exe error

I have a very short query here. I saw the said process that is TPSBattM.exe running in my Task manager and wanted to know is it a virus or worm ? I have never seen this process before and hence am afraid it can cause any error or problem to my system. Please let me know if there is any know error due to TPSBattM.exe ? Help appreciated

Re: Is there a known TPSBattM.exe error

tpsbattm.exe basically belongs to Toshiba Corporation and is used to control features such as CPU speed. Most probably this process is installed on a laptop Toshiba brand. It controls the amount of energy remaining in the battery. It is used with the process TPSMain.exe (see profile) to adjust the performance of your computer according to the battery status. Keep this process to ensure proper power management on your laptop.

TPSBattM.exe is not a worm, however it is a non-Microsoft exe file ans is located under C:\Windows\System32. It is explained in full in The Ultimate Troubleshooter and is a non-essential process. YOu don't need to be afraid of this program as it is a user invoked program and a normal part of PC operations. However, i'll suggest you to use a good anti malware program with updates.

TPSBattM.exe error is app from Toshiba brand. Do not delete this process essential to good power management on your laptop. It appears as an icon in the Windows notification area (right of the taskbar). A right click or double-click on this icon allows you to select and configure profiles of energy use. For example, if the amount of energy remaining in your battery is low, you can choose to reduce the frequency of your processor and reduce the brightness of your screen to save energy. Keep this process to ensure proper power management on your laptop.

I have also found tpsbattm.exe on my Toshiba laptop with Windows Vista couple of weeks ago but i found that is safe to keep. Indicates the location or the program is located behind the process.This information may be different if you changed the location of the default installation of software.There are three ways to stop TPSBattM.exe closing the software or discontinuation of service to the cause of this process, or crash through the Task Manager in Windows.