Thread: Samsung R420 attacked by Win32/Renos.KD

Samsung R420 attacked by Win32/Renos.KD

I had recently bought up a Samsung R420 notebook. This works on Windows Vista operating system and is powered by Intel Pentium Dual Core T4200 processor. The problem is that my new notebook seems to be infected by some malicious program Win32/Renos.KD. This I happened to notice when I ran an online Virus scan. Help me to delete this malicious code.

Restore with Windows System Restore Utility

There is a System Restore Utility of Windows which is helpful to restore Windows. In case the virus is not getting deleted you may try the system restore utility of Windows to restore Windows Settings. It is in the System Tools option which is in the Accessories in Start Menu. This utility will ask for selecting a Safe Restore point. Select a point where in the Trojan or Virus was not present on your system.

Unable to Restore Windows

I have tried the System Restore utility but this is not working on my notebook. When I try to restore the Windows and when I run the online Virus scan, it again detects the same Win32/Renos.KD malicious program. I also do not know if there is any anti-virus installed on my notebook. I also need suggestion for anti viruses.

Win32/Renos.KD is a Trojan Downloader

This Win32/Renos.KD is a Trojan-Downloader which is responsible for downloading arbitrary files on the infected host machine. It also intends to download other Trojans, Trojan-Downloaders and other such malicious programs. It is also noted to download false and fake anti-virus programs to the infected host machine. One such fake anti-virus downloaded by this Trojan-Downloader is Win32/FakeSecSen Trojan which projects itself as Vista Anti-virus 2008.

Win32/Renos.KD trojan connects to remote servers

This Win32/Renos.KD is a Trojan, and being a trojan it connects to a remote server on the internet which the attacker uses to explore the vulnerabilities in the attacked machine. Here are a few Servers which the Win32/Renos.KD trojan had been known to be linked with:
    • newexefile.com
    • exefileformat.com
    • imagerepository.com
    • erabl-pict.com
    • image-big-library.com
    • the-exefiles.com
    • freeexefiles.com
    • images-base.com

Scan your computer in Safe Mode

Install an official licensed version of any anti virus. Update it to make it aware of the latest threats. Once this is done, you can reboot your Samsung laptop in safe mode. To boot your laptop in safe mode reboot your laptop and keep tapping the F8 Key. Once in Safe Mode, run a full scan of your system. When the scan in complete, reboot your laptop to normal mood.