Thread: System infecetd with Trojan.RootKit/Gen

x-men Guest

System infecetd with Trojan.RootKit/Gen

Hello friends,

I am using Windows XP SP 3 as my operating system and everything was working fine till yesterday but today when i started my computer it was working very slow so i made a virus scan and found out that my system is being infected with Trojan.RootKit/Gen and my antivirus is not capable of removing it. Can anyone help me out with this issue ?

Remove Trojan.RootKit/Gen from system

Trojan.RootKit/Gen is also know as Rootkit.Gen this virus cannot be easily detected or removed by anti-spyware or anti-virus programs. Rootkits are known to hide files and registry entries from other programs and at the same time it also enables administrator level access to a computer without the consent of the owner of the system. The rootkit-infected user will be unable to detect or remove it by using standard operating system security mechanisms.

Janet t Guest

If you really want to remove Trojan.RootKit/Gen from your system then you need to clock on start goto run option and type regedit, now registry window would get open find out the following entries and delete them

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{FFFFFFFF-85A3-452b-B7A8-759AD9B42162} HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{FFFFFFFF-85A3-452b-B7A8-759AD9B42162} HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\clbImageData HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MRSoft
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\clbdriver.sys HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SafeBoot\Network\clbdriver.sys HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\clbdriver HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\clbdriver.sys HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Network\clbdriver.sys HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\clbdriver

and finally reboot your system for changes to get effected.

x-men Guest

Thanks for replying me Janet t, i had try to delete all entries which you had mention but when i try to scan with my anti virus it's still showing that my system is being infected with Trojan.RootKit/Gen, does anyone knows any good anti virus software which is capable of removing such kind of virus.

My Dell laptop also got infected with such kind of virus and i tried out many solutions but none of them worked out for me when i asked my friend about it he told me to use Super antispyware which is capable of removing Spyware, Adware and Remove Malware, Trojans, Dialers, Worms, KeyLoggers, HiJackers, Parasites, Rootkits, Rogue Security. I hope this should remove your Trojan from your computer, if not then finally you have to format your computer and install fresh copy of operating system.