Thread: How to protect from emails viruses and attachments

How to protect from emails viruses and attachments

Hi,

Recently I have got the mail in by yahoo inbox and the attached had a files which was infected with virus. When I tried to download it, my mcafee told me that it contains virus. I immediately deleted the mail. But how do I protect from emails viruses and attachments?

Re: How to protect from emails viruses and attachments

Install anti-virus program and its continuous updating, can help protect your computer from viruses. Anti-virus programs check for viruses in e-mail, operating system and files. New viruses appear every day, so you must constantly check for updates on the Web site of the manufacturer of anti-virus program. Most antivirus programs are sold with an annual subscription, which if necessary can be extended.

Barring opening email attachments that contains virus. Many viruses contained in email attachments and begin to spread immediately after opening the attachment. It is not recommended to open attachments without prior agreement of its receipt. Microsoft Outlook and Windows Mail helps block potentially harmful attachments.

You can protect yourself by update the security patches released by microsoft. Microsoft Corporation periodically publishes special security updates, which can help protect your computer. These updates can prevent viral and other attacks on the computer, closing the potentially dangerous entry point. Make sure that Windows receives data updates, including Automatic Updates Windows. Necessary information, see Enabling and disabling automatic updates.

Use the service checks for viruses on the Internet. If antivirus software is not installed, go to the website of software vendors to ensure security for Windows Vista for more information on security and virus protection. Some parts of our partner companies offer free services on the Internet, scan your computer for the latest viruses. These scanners do not protect you from viruses, but can help find and remove viruses already present in the computer.

Email virus sends copies of many e-mail. One of the signs of such behavior - always-on LED activity on broadband or external modem, another sign - a continuous work computer's hard drive. This is not necessarily symptoms of a computer virus, but in conjunction with other problems they may indicate infection by computer virus. To search for the virus should scan your computer with your antivirus program. New viruses appear every day, so it is important to keep up to date antivirus program.