Thread: How to get rid of this W32.Sobig.F@mm?

How to get rid of this W32.Sobig.F@mm?

Normally my work is related to the surfing the internet. I reply emails from the company and related sales query of customer. I think I have downloaded some malicious program which is harming my computer system. When I scanned my computer system I got an alert message that W32.Sobig.F@mm is detected on my computer system. I have deleted this W32.Sobig.F@mm from my computer system but it is of no use because after every deletion I got same alert message. I want to how to delete this W32.Sobig.F@mm from my computer system.

Re: W32.Sobig.F@mm is a kind of worm

W32.Sobig.F@mm which is detected on your computer system is a kind of worm. Worms are designed to consume the processing speed and the memory space of the victim’s computer. Because of worm the computer slows down the working speed. The threat level of this kind of worm is medium but at the long run these worm can crash your operating system which is not good. So I will suggest you to delete this W32.Sobig.F@mm from your computer system using any other antivirus.

Re: How to get rid of this W32.Sobig.F@mm?

For removing these kinds of worm you can go for system restore. System restore will help you to delete this worm or somewhat reduce the harm cause by this worm. For restoring you can follow these simple steps.
    1. Go to Start >> Programs >> Accessories >> System tools
    2. Select system restore
    3. After that a system restore window will be displayed.
    4. You have just select the date for system restore
    5. Reboot your personal computer.

Re: Solution for W32.Sobig.F@mm worm

I have the complete solution for removing this W32.Sobig.F@mm from your computer system. For removing this worm from your computer system you have to use avast antivirus software which is available on the internet for free. You can download this avast antivirus from its official site or you can follow the link given below.
    Download avast
    http://www.techarena.in/download/ant...me-edition.htm
    Download updates for avast
    http://www.techarena.in/download/upd...efinitions.htm

Thank you for your reply. First I tried to update my current antivirus software and tried to delete this W32.Sobig.F@mm from my computer system. But it did not work. After that I have gone for system restore but that also is useless for me. At last I have download the avast antivirus for removing W32.Sobig.F@mm from my computer system and guess what it worked. Now my computer is free from any kind of viruses or worms. I also want to know the preventive measures for avoiding the problems like these.

The preventive measures you must follow for avoiding problems like these are mention below.
    1. Regularly update your antivirus
    2. Enable your firewall setting and use strong password for your computer system.
    3. Update all the application software you are using on your computer system.
    4. Do not use pirated software
    5. Scan all the document before downloading it in to your personal computer system.