Thread: System infected with PSW.Generic7.SKW

System infected with PSW.Generic7.SKW

My system has been infected with PSW.Generic7.SKW and the Avira antivirus that I am using in my system alerted me about the same. I need some solutions to get rid of this infection from my system. I am using Windows Vista operating system and the browser I am using is IE8. I usually get the alerts of this infection when I browse the internet. I cant understand why this is happening. How do I delete this infection from the system. Kindly help me with suitable remedies.

PSW.Generic7.SKW is a trojan horse

PSW.Generic7.SKW is a trojan horse and it has been created by the attacker to steal information like the password and username that are related to online gaming. This infection generally communicates with the remote server and sends thereby sends the information that it has accumulated. If your system is infected with PSW.Generic7.SKW, I suggest you to format the system, since I cannot find any other technique to get rid of this infection.

Manually delete the infection

Manually delete the infection, if the system is infected with PSW.Generic7.SKW. This infection, when installed in the system activates an exe file with the name bot.exe. You simply need to search for this particular file and then, then go to the original location where this file is present. Delete all the search results that you find related to this file name. This may hopefully solve the problem.

Use a well updated antivirus

If the system is infected with PSW.Generic7.SKW, then I suggest you to use a well updated antivirus. This is necessary because there are new infections daily released by the attacker. The signatures of all these infections needs to be added in the database of the antivirus. Then only it will be able to detect the infection as well as successfully eradicate the same from the system.

Use the boot scan method

I advice you to use the boot scan method if the system is infected with PSW.Generic7.SKW. This method can remove all types of infections, since the scan starts before the operating system loads. So, the infections remain inactive at this time, since they cannot execute before the operating system starts. This is an assured method to remove the infections and I use the same in my system when Infections enter into my computer. Quick Heal antivirus provides this feature of boot scanning.

AVG is a recommended antivirus

AVG is a recommended antivirus by many experts to get rid of any kinds of infections from the system including virus, worms as well as trojans. Install the same if your system has been infected with PSW.Generic7.SKW. After the installtion, run a full system scan of all your hard drives as well as flash drives. Then, remove all the unhealed infections that are detected during the scan.