Thread: How to delete Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.yst from the system

How to delete Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.yst from the system

I need some remedies regarding how to delete Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.yst from the system? I am using Windows Vista Operating system and my browser is Opera 10. The Kaspersky antivirus that I am using in my system has been able to alert me about the infection, but it has not been capable to getting rid of the infection. I cannot understand that if the antivirus has been able to detect the infection, then why is not able to delete the same. Please help me with suitable solutions.

Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.yst adds registry entries

Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.yst adds registry entries into the system. So, to delete Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.yst from the system, you will have to delete the following entries from the registry:
    • HKLM\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion
    • \winlogon userinit = C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe
    • C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntos.exe

Also kill the following processes:
    • outpost.exe
    • zlclient.exe

Use a well updated antivirus

Hello there, I suggest you to use a well updated antivirus to delete Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.yst from the system. The Kaspersky antivirus that you are using in your system may not be updated because of which it may not be able to delete this particular infection. After you have updated the database of the antivirus, run a full system scan and delete all the infections that are detected during the scan.

Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.yst is a trojan

Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.yst is a trojan, so I dont think that it is so simple to delete Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.yst from the system. They seem to be legitimate programs from outside and internally they work as a destructive weapon, that can even cause a system crash. So, ultimately the only method left is to format the system and install a fresh copy of the operating system that you are using.

An anti-spyware will help

An anti-spyware will help to delete Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.yst from the system. These security components are different from the normal antivirus, since they check for the malicious activities that are going on within the system by staying in the background. When they find the applications or programs that are causing the problems, they simply remove them from the system.

Scan in safe mode

Scan in safe mode to delete Trojan-Spy.Win32.Zbot.yst from the system. You will get the option of going into safe mode when you start the system. This is the best time for the removal of infections, since they do not execute in this mode. As a result they stay inactive. This is a very good method and I use the same when my system gets infected with some dangerous infection that I am not able to delete. This will hopefully solve your problem.